Has anyone seen this...

by Tuesday 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/breaking.shtml

Just some comments if you have, is this legit or is it another fake JW breaking news story?

• jula71
    jula71

This is somewhat true, in the case of blood. More and more blood fractions are falling under the category of "conscience matters."

• blondie
    blondie

That is a very reliable website.

What is is talking about is that in 2000, taking a blood transfusion changed from being a DFing offense to be an act of DAing (disassociating) yourself.

This has never appeared in print in the WT publications, but a "letter" was read by the CO to the elder bodies in the circuit outlining that. The elders were not allowed to see the "letter" or to have a copy for their files.

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/breaking_news.htm

Blondie

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Reversal of the blood doctrine would require a watering down over a period of time. People's family members, children even, have died in the care of the wt - in their misinformed position. It is a serious matter and debatable as to whether a sudden change in policy would withstand the fury of families, be they jws or not. "Blood fractions" policies provide the easing and watering of the rule without sudden abandonment, allowing a gradual change in policy.

Practice will be encouraged to lag behind the documented legal position, further buffering the position of wts accountibility - eventually most victim's family will have died and not pose any further problem.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Wasn't this just a political move, to be more acceptable in Europe? They left it up to a person's conscience, but if your conscience allows you to take blood, then you're showing yourself not to be a JW, so you are said to have DA'd yourself.

Like Blondie said, nothing in print to damn themselves with, but I think that's where they were (and are) going with this.

Dave

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Hey, I just noticed I'm an emperor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit