WTBTS=relationship thief

by stopthepain 2 Replies latest jw friends

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

How many of you out there have ever wondered "How many people did I never get to meet because of being a witness".

I for one,being raised ina ultra conservative JW family ask myself that.

Everytime you missed out on various activities{outside the org},you miss out the chance of meeting great, interesting people.I for one don't have 1 friend left from the religion.So even if I met just 1 person that made a difference in my life,It would have been worth more than all that wasted time.

The wtbts knows what strings to pull to keep you from thinking outside the jw box.They destroy relationships before you could ever imagine begginning one.

• mann377
    mann377

The WBTS has perfected the art of holding people spritural hostages! Once a person begins to think and ask questions about the doctrines and history of the org then they become a liability to the org. The only way they have found effective to hold people in the org is to use so call friends or friendships as fellow hostage takers. Once they suspect that you are a liability then the pressure from these friends are used as tools to readjust the offender's thinking.

This is a key ingredient in the Watchtower hold on members. You are pressured to give up friendships with those outside the organization, precisely so you will feel immense pressure to stay in and remain silent, should you ever develope serious doubts or misgivings. It's funny though, how those old friends and relatives that you have abandoned, accept you back with open arms even after years of little or no contact. I guess that's the definition of "true" love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit