My Mum won't give up...

by Mastodon 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

My wife called me earlier today and told me that my mom just sent us an invitation to the Memorial on the mail. She still hopes that I'm going through a 'rebellious phase' and that I will someday join her dubby brothers again. Not so. She will probably come to San Antonio in late May to visit my brother and I know that when we see each other face to face we will have a long-awaited and dreaded conversation; starting with my piercings and my tattoo all the way to the real reasons why I decided to leave the dubs. The Saga will continue...

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thats why moms will be moms. The don't give up because they love you.

You could be the devout JW, and your mom could be a dreaded "apostate" Would she be any less sincere in her stand?

• xjwms
    xjwms

Moms are Moms.

My mom is inactive, and hasn't been to the hall for some time.

However when it comes to the Memorial, ... "you gotta pick me up and take me"

Its like WHY?????

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

That's what I dont understand. So many people that never ever step in a KH until the memorial, some do the same on assemblies. What's the Point

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Mastodon,

My mother still harasses me for not being as 'spiritual' as I should be. No matter how many times I've told her to let me be, she says she does it out of love for me.

DY

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

My mom cracks me up. I was at her house on Sunday for a little family BBQ. My boyfriend was not able to go. SO my mom says "If D was here, it'd be the whole family" Sooo...she's fairly accepting of me and my gay life...yet she also insists on inviting me to memorial and convention and occasionally reminding me that I need to "get right with Jehovah"

Basically...My mom will alwys act like a mom...loving me too much to disown me, but being too motherly to just let me lead my life without her little comments and interference.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Doubtfully Yours, your mom sounds like what my mom was to me. She always would accuse me of not being spiritual enough.

So I figured if that is how she thinks of me then hey what chance did I have with God. She really laced into me two weeks before I decided to pack it all in and leave the so-called truth.

I know she regretted saying the things she said to me, but the damage was done.

Maybe she meant well, but it was her constant harping that pissed me off.

I didn't leave to annoy her, I left for sheer preservation of my own sanity.

Yes someone reminded me yessterday that moms are mom and they do love us its just the organization that keeps us seperated.

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit