Memorial annoucement - Are they for real

by CaptK 8 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptK
    CaptK

I was attending meeting last Sunday and the Elder conducting made the annoucement that the Memorial for South Congregation will be on Thursday at 7pm but we do not know where yet? You will have to come back tues nite to find out the arrangement. Can you believe this ..I mean is this not the most holy day in the Christian calendar and for JW's the most important day of the year? How is a new person or interested one suppose to know where it is unless he attends the meeting on Tues nite? I thought to myself what have these jackasses been doing if they cannot even secure a place up to a year in advance and let the public know at least a month in advance? What would anyone think if a person is not a JW living in the area and would not go or had arrangements to attend the meeting on Tues nite?? I guess they would be left out like the rest of us.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Don't they do the memorial's at the KH?

Dragonlady76

• CaptK
    CaptK

no they have three congrgations meeting there so the congregation that I am attending ( doing that re-instatement thing you know) has to meet somewhere else

• blondie
    blondie

Sounds like someone did listen to the advice in the KM when the announce the date of the Memorial in the current year and the next year (so they can make arrangements for another venue when they share the KH with more than 1 other congregation). Or perhaps their arrangements fell through.

I went to one at a community center once.

I have heard of 7 or 8 congregations having it at an assembly hall or small convention center.

Blondie

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Errm...why would you want to go back into their fold? You must be crazy...

• heathen
    heathen

That's the first I've ever heard of it being on a thursdays night . Let's see if I have this right you are upset because you can't deny christ once a year like all the rest of the dubbies ? They may even be watching sites like this one and think there is some sort of conspiracy brewing .

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

About 20 years ago, the two congregations that shared my hall would rent a school auditorium and have a big memorial together. But, the CO put an end to it. He said that the society directed that the memorial should be held at the kingdom hall because it is Jehovah's house and visitors or interested ones would know where to come. Also, renting a spot costs money which could be donated to the society.

If the memorial is being held somewhere else, it should be booked well in advance, so that they can print invitations. It sounds like your congregation f'd up.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I have heard of 7 or 8 congregations having it at an assembly hall or small convention center.

My last hall gets together with a bunch of others and they rent a convention center every year. They have several memorials going on at the same time in different meeting rooms. It would be a great place to picket, since it's about the size of a circuit assembly.

Walter

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

My grandmothers kh has 4 congs in it. Her cong usually teams up with a few others and rent a hall at the Red Lion Inn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit