Need help with exjw meetup...

by jazbug 2 Replies latest jw friends

• jazbug
    jazbug

Is anyone here an organizer for an exjw group? Any ideas for a format? How to handle ones who want to do all the talking? HELP!!!!

jazbug

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have had a group for 20 years now. I always have coffee & biscuits on hand.Then we sit in a ring, & I introduce myself & tell a bit about why I am an ex. Then we go around the room & introduce themselves -telling how long they were in the "borg" ... Some cry some laugh as they tell their journey- We have had a couple that go-on-& on-& on..I just interupt & say maybe we will get back to you after as I would like us all to comment - ( I am a pushy brod)

I have shown the JW video, the False Prophet one, Also Christian Counterfiets... Besides other.

That is if you are going to have it at your home. BUT! if you are looking to get one going outside of the home- I have been to a few- they usually meet in a coffee shop & once all are assemblied ( a time is given to end the meet) they all went to a restraunt or a bar. ( that is when I stopped going) LOL

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Are you specifically talking about www.meetup.com?

From that web site you can find out a lot of information on ideas for a format as well as how to handle ones who want to do all the talking.

Follow the link above and I'm sure you will find the help you need.

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit