Buying Iraqi Dinars as an Investement.

by Flash 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Flash
    Flash

I recently bought some Iraqi currency (Dinars) as an investement. The price is low and I believe the return may be high...Time will tell.

I bought mine here: http://buyiraqidinars.com/

This other site is more informative but cost more. http://betoniraq.com/wnd/

He was fast to ship and respond to my e-mails. I had no problems and plan to buy some more later.

Here is what the 25000 Dinar note looks like:

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

It is pretty speculative. It is definatly a long term investment. I know a few people that picked up a buttload of this stuff last time I was over there. I might have to get some next time I am over there later this year. I am not going to waste a lot of money on it though. Turkey is an example of weak money staying weak. When EU went to the Euro, they wouldn't let Turkey convert. Just something to think about before you spend alot of hard earned bucks on a very speculative deal.

• Flash
    Flash
    Turkey is an example of weak money staying weak.

Good point. If it were'nt for the oil and the determination of the U.S. to get Iraq on its feet, I probably wouldn't invest at all. I wont purchase money from Afghanistan for instance. I don't believe their money will ever increase in value...at least not in my life time.

• Bas
    Bas

You could have bought Euro's 2 years ago, they have apreciated 30% since (against the dollar). Thinking about, the dinar might not be a bad investment though speculating in currency is always somewhat risky. Hope it works out for you.

Bas

• Flash
    Flash

Thank you Bas. Too bad I didn't think of buying Euro's when they first came out. As for the Dinar, well, I would like them to increase sooner rather than later, but it may take 5-10 years for things to normalize over there. In the meantime I'll leave my dinars in my safe deposit box and go about my business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit