Bible Kids Born before the Parents!

by gumby 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

Bible kids born before their parents?

IN normal life, we generally see the parents come before the kids.The parents usually play nasty...then have kids.
    Not so with the Amalakites in the bible.

Notice below, the the Amalekites are actually in existence before their daddy.

Gen. 14:7 And they returned, and came to Enmishpat, which is Kadesh, and smote all the country of the Amalekites, and also the Amorites, that dwelt in Hazezontamar.

So here we have the Amalekites, yet the following scripture shows Amalek (their father), was born many later as the grandson of Esau.

Gen. 36:12 And Timna was concubine to Eliphaz Esau's son; and she bare to Eliphaz Amalek: these were the sons of Adah Esau's wife.

WTF?

Gumbefuddled

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

must be some kinda jewish custom of naming kids after towns?

or.. the bible writer was drunk when he wrote it

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The first passage merely mentions the existence of the tribe, not saying anything about its origin.

The second passage is a genealogy (descendants) of Esau, which includes Amalek.

There is no discussion as to which came first, the chicken or the egg. Seems that someone is reading into the text something which is not there.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Gumby, are you trying to tie my old brain into knots? Or are you just trying to give me a headache? Nah, I bet it's a crafty ploy to get us all readin' our Bibles. I actually did that today. Andy and I love to marvel at Jesus calling the Pharisees hypocrites and offspring of vipers and graves and stuff. We even looked at the Greatest Man book. See, we'd like to make a movie about what Jesus was really about: exposing religious hypocrisy and showing real love, empathy and kindness. I don't think our movie would go over well with most churches and denoms.

• gumby
    gumby

Keneson, read the time "between" involved.

Gumby

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

good catch Gumby. Usually the Amalekite reference is accepted to be a later editorial insertion. But also notice in 1Sam 15 and 27 the Amalekites are in another contradiction. There Saul kills alll the Amalekites but a few years later David has to kill them again. There were some rather sloppy additions made in the OT.

• gumby
    gumby

Flyin....don't you go and gettin all holy on me know....ya hear? Who'd help me run my new church?

Pete ol' bud....nice cat\ch yourself! I took he time to quote it for others to read. I suppose a few coulda snuch away......hummped like rabbits, then a few years later there's enough for David to slaughter. Maybe he picked on 10 year olds.

1 Sam.15 Go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. ( the sick bastard even hated their livestock for christ sake!)

15:8 And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.

27:8 And David and his men went up, and invaded the Geshurites, and the Gezrites, and the Amalekites: for those nations were of old the inhabitants of the land, as thou goest to Shur, even unto the land of Egypt.

Maybe their like cockroaches......just when ya think you gottem all.....

Gumby

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

holy cow- is it Sunday already? Time flies ! Must be that earth rotating thing

P.S. I want some of whatever gumby is smoking

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flyin....don't you go and gettin all holy on me know....ya hear? Who'd help me run my new church?

Awww, now don't worry about me, Gumby. I never was very good at being good. I can put on a good enough front for your church members though.

• gumby
    gumby
    holy cow- is it Sunday already? Time flies ! Must be that earth rotating thing

This ain't my Sunday deal or I'd be passin the plate ya knucklehead! This here sermon is a freebee......but with no goodies served afterwards and no hottubbin with the ladies.

Flyin.....start workin on Sundays Sermon for me.... will ya please?

*embarrased from all his typo's in this thread*

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit