hitler, stalin & the gun at john paul the second's head.

by pepheuga 0 Replies latest jw friends

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

:I'm really not sure what was this argument about "kissing the Stalin's and Hitler's asses" supposed to mean? Could you elaborate on it?

Pole: I could answer but pepheuga wrote it so you should ask him or you could research it yourself.....

What did JP2 have to do with Stalin and Hitler (you didn't bring it up first, but you seem to have said you could answer that - or did I get it wrong).

Nothing. JP2 wasn't a pope when they were around.

etc etc etc

polish karol joseph wojtyla, who was to become pope john paul 2, was forced, following the closure by the nazis of his university in poland, to study theology underground if he wanted to study it at all. do remember that hitler publicly swore to exterminate the polish race before he publicly swore to do the same to the jews.

wojtyla was a prominant polish church figure after 'our' ww2 ended (hostilities were vehemently prosecuted long after 1945 in eastern europe) and was appointed chair of ethics at lublin (!!!!! ever heard of the lublin committee? walls have memories) in 1956.

i have really only scratched the surface. when one thinks of the experience of the polish people during & after ww2 - life with the gestapo & with the nkvd etc etc - and pertaining to the man himself, the fact that jp2 lost much of his family, many of his jewish/polish friends, barely escaped deportation himself, was used as forced labor in a quarry etc etc, one might forgive a part time admirer of his for personalising his battles.

none of this alters the fact that he has often been a right twit when it has suited him, and this part time admirer isn't slow to acknowledge that!

pepheuga

incidentally, i never mentioned jp2 kissing anybody's ass. that's rather vulgar!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit