What does the WTBTS make of sept. 11th?

by Bas 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Bas
    Bas

My first thought was actually that the 2 prophets had arrived for the Watchtower, meaning it would collapse itself in the not to distant future.

Secondly I thought the watchtower would say the twin towers are the final prophets for the coming armageddon. I'm not aware of any official communications on behalf of the wtbts regarding the subject, are there? In fact i did stay in New York in 2000 but I only walked brooklyn bridge halfway, never made it to brooklyn. My question; did brooklyn HQ have a direct view of sept. 11th? If so, they should now know how sick they really are, prophesizing sept. 11th on the whole world.

If it's up to me to prophesize about sept. 11th, I'd say what i thought first, and that's that. The Watchtower will burn bottom up.

Bas

• blondie
  • truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Brooklyn HQ has a direct view to the WTC. From 124 and 30 Columbia Hgts. Straight across the river, front row seats.

My friend from Bethel told me that when the attacks happened, a bunch of ppl were gravitating toward the windows to see what was going on(naturally). After a few minutes the overseer came by and told ppl to get back to work.

There were swarms of ppl coming across the Brooklyn bridge from the Manhattan side. He told me that bethel locked all their doors.

Can you feel the love?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Great links Blondie.

At the time, the WT saw it as just one more evidence of "critical times we live in" , and not prophetically significant in itself.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    There were swarms of ppl coming across the Brooklyn bridge from the Manhattan side. He told me that bethel locked all their doors.

Wow, the woman I was studying with during that time, told me that tons of people walked over the bridge and went inside the wt buildings...because they let them! The 2nd lady I studied with told me the same thing! "People went to HQ for safety and bethelites took them in. See how Jehovah's org provides!"
    I believe the doors were locked because the panic that set in was enormous. It was obvious this was an attack on the country.
    So they looked like 'loving citizens' to most people in the congregations.

I went to the meeting that night, and the elder mostly talked about how we should continue to serve jeh and we will be safe if we come to the meetings, and Satan's against us blah blah blah...

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

The stories that made their way up here to northern ontario are that some people walking away from the towers made their way to the brooklyn bethel.NOT ONLY were they let in but GIVEN FOOD AND WATER.This showed how loving and caring jehovah's organization is when a crisis hits.

I don't know if there's any truth to this story,it's just what I heard around here,although I'm leaning more towards the locked doors story.

• Bas
    Bas

well thanx for your replys, still wonder what was going on in those minds in brooklyn, I mean they were pretty superstitious before it happened, I don't have a subscrition to the magazine but didn't they write about it?

• moanzy
    moanzy

Hey bas,

The Assembly day I went to just after Sept 11, They had a talk concerning the attack. What they said was that since Sept 11 things have changed(concerning bible prophecy). Then they started in on the prep for the Brooklyn Bethel to be taken over soon because of War! I was scared sh#$less.

Moanzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit