Brooklyn Bethel

by Victor 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Victor
    Victor

Wow this place looks very different from the last time I was here which is years ago. My old profile log in did not work so for you old timers I'm Victor Escalante.

Now to the topic I had in mind. Last week I got a chance to go to New York City. I wanted to photograph some of the iconic sites such as a Brooklyn Bridge and there it was, the infamous remnants of Brooklyn Bethel. Funny how as a kid seeing all the propaganda of their properties, I had the impression of this huge complex. In relation to all the high rises of New York City they are small potatoes. The area is prime real estate for high end luxury condos and if memory serves me, I think all their properties in Brooklyn are up for sale.

In walking the area I got a feeling of a very distant past lifetime as  a JW. I pondered of all the lives that have come through this place including the march of Silent Lambs. This was just archeology of relics from an idealistic past that was all a sham. I even found the old building of The Brooklyn Eagle Newspaper, just a few blocks away. It must have been a riot to turn the pit bull reporters to dog Russel and company to expose all the lunatic practices and theology of their time,

• Awake at last
    Awake at last
    Interesting.  I was there in 1995 on holiday from Australia.  It was a hub of activity then.  What is happening now?  Has most of it relocated or is there still quite a bit of activity there?
  • prologos
    prologos

Victor you said it right:"--relics from an idealistic past--"

idealistic like really devoted, and

idealistic,-- filled with the ideas of the likes of Rutherford and Frederik Franz. 

• Honesty
    Honesty
    October 1990 was the last time I set foot in that abominable den of iniquity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit