funny k.h experience last night!!

by jazz 3 Replies latest jw friends

• jazz
    jazz

my wife and i have not been attending the meetings on a regular basis do to her failing health and man did i get the cold shoulder from people last night even a brother who was so nice when he was a lowly publisher or m.s who is now an elder gave me the cold shoulder when i asked him for the lapel cards and holders for the convention he kept saying you should have gotten them from your book study. i think he said it five times so another elder came over to convince him to finally give me the cards its a shame because this same brother turns cartwheels and is all smiles when he comes across us in the street i guess having some type of authority does change you i dont even want to talk to him again.

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Hi Jazz
    Yeah that's the typical old bullcrap you get from yur brudders and sisters if you don't tow their pathetic idea of what the line is!!!! Attend all da meetins or your no good. Even then, "it's never enough" .......ugh

PS Jazz welcome!
    FEELIN BEROEAN "Just making sure!"

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

It's always them same with them, isn't it? The same unloving attitudes shown over and over again.

Welcome to the board. You're not alone.

Slipnslidemaster: "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. "
    - Martin Luther King Jr.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Your post brings to mind an experience I had. It happened when I was df and had been back groveling at meetings for many months. Everyone knew I was soon to be reinstated. I happened to walk right past one of the dorky dubs (a guy I knew well) in a store and he just ignored my like I was dead. Not even any other dorks around to cause problems and this guy was doing his duty.
    The real kicker is he was not even good at being a dub. He was about an hour a month to stay active dub.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit