need Mandarin chinese materials

by Dogpatch 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Does anyone know of anything counter-Watchtower in Mandarin Chinese? I can't seem to find anything in Chinese. :-))

Randy

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• Voyager
    Voyager

Dogpatch:

All of this information came from the same website:

http://www.saintsalive.com/newsletters/jan_feb-00_nl.htm

Semi Annual Conferences now being beamed across the Internet

Excerpted from a report by

http://www.generalconference.com

We have a scalable capacity starting at a 100,000 audio stream and we can go up from there," he said.
    The Internet offering is expected to be especially popular with Mormons living in regions of the world without radio or television access. ? The cyber-broadcasts, available for PC and Macintosh platforms, will be offered in 12 languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, German, French, Samoan, Tongan, Korean, Cambodian and both the Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese dialects.With more than 10 million members spread over 160 nations and territories, the LDS Church sees the addition of Internet portals to conference proceedings as a logical step to enhancing members' access to the latest developments concerning their faith.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. ?? Two Southern Baptist congregations are preparing a crusade to teach their members how to convert "cult" members, including Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.
    The Cult Awareness Impact Crusade is scheduled for Feb. 6-8 at Calvary Baptist Church and Oaklawn Baptist Church.

Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are not Christians, say the Rev. Mark Corts, Calvary's senior pastor, and the Rev. Philip Henry, assistant pastor for evangelism and new-member assimilation.

They want to help prevent their members from joining those religions and teach them how to convert Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons to Christianity.

They might be able to get you in contact with some materials in the Mandarin Chinese counter-JW subjects. Or help you find som-one who can get the materials for you.

If this doesn't help, then I'll keep looking!

• Voyager
    Voyager

Randy:

I have already e-mailed the website and sent you a copy.

Thanks!

• Voyager
    Voyager

Randy:

I will call this (instructor) tomorrow on the phone and see if some assistance can be given in finding some ant-JW literature in Mandarin. If anybody can find it, then these language instructors should know exactly where to look.

*****************************************************************************************

TELEPHONE:

(626) 487-8909

FAX:

(626) 282-9252

PRIVATE LESSONS

For Information about private lessons, please email us at [email protected] and tell us about your:

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

Hi Randy,

Please keep us posted on how that goes and post up any website info. you find. When I was regular pioneering I was learning Mandarin and had a lot of Bible Studies with Chinese immigrants, some of them were even making progress with the Witnesses after I left...I would still be able to get in touch with some of them and would be happy to share this info before they were to decide to become Witnesses.

toronto_guy

• squinks
    squinks

Jiminy Crickets that is impressive Toronto Guy, but I in the spirit of one-upmanship I must inform you that I happen to have not one but TWO cans of Mandarin oranges in my cupboard right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit