Has anybody seen the Australian film The Nostradomus Kid?

by Whiskeyjack 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

I need help from all you Aussie's out there.

Most people I know have never heard of this movie. It was written by John Ellis (I believe) and deals with a young adolescent man's loss of faith (Seventh Day Adventists) during the early sixties. I never laughed so much. The man could have been a witness.

Does anyone else remember it?

• talesin
    talesin

The Nostradamus Kid 1993

Comedy When an uptight, conservative young man becomes convinced the world is going to end, he decides to cut loose and have some fun--and some women--before it's too late. A coming-of-age comedy.

MPAA Rating: R.

Cast and Credits
    Starring: Noah Taylor, Miranda Otto, Arthur Dignam, Bob Ellis, Peter Gwynn
    Directed by: Bob Ellis

I like Aussie movies, will have to rent this one. Thanks for the heads up!

(googled it) hehe

talesin

• barry
    barry

Ive never heard of it and Im an SDA myself. You have me interested now wonder if the Church members can help me .

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Darry,

The movie was probably made in the late eighties. It was shown on canadian television a couple of years back (came across it by accident while cruising channels-showcasee channel). I've never gone to the trouble to see if it can be specialy ordered but I would definitiely pay a hundred bucks plus to get it fot my personal collection.

You gotta see this movie then (you'll never cring and laugh so much at the same time)! The camping assembly scenes are worth it alone, it's not just some dumb "coming of age" movie as the google description makes out (the author's real life experiences).

Again, has anybody else seen rhis movie?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit