To alamb

by TweetieBird 3 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

You stated in another post...

"I personally am eternally grateful that someone went out on a limb to talk to me. After the first 5 minutes, 35 years of beliefs melted away and I was able to see beyond the lies. The puzzle finally fit."

Just curious, what exactly was said in those 5 minutes that had such an impact on you? I ask so that someday, when talking to loved ones still in the clutches of the borg, I can possibly use some of the material that was presented to you.

TweetieBird

• AMOS
    AMOS

Tweetie
    There is no technique, no words or method that works for all. Let God do his work and faithfully keep sowing the seed and watering in the meantime.

• alamb
    alamb

Sorry for missing this....been busy.

I had asked a friend (ex-elder) to study with my husband since I was DA'd. He paused and told me he didn't know what he would say. He had been reading COC and ISOCF and was about 6 months ahead of me. I wondered what he meant. He told me he couldn't tell me but to go to the library and look up what year Jerusalem fell and bring him all the ones that said 607. I did...and then started devouring everything he was reading as soon as he finished. The chronology was a biggie. Also, I was an avid collector of the old books and had wondered why all the elders had counselled me not to read them. I dug out the boxes and was scared to see what I had devoted so much of my life to.

Hope this helps...everyone is different but the facts are the facts and when presented non-confrontationally, might just work.

• Wendy
    Wendy

Alamb!

Email me, I lost your addy!

[email protected]. I have a stash for ya

love ya,

wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit