need new laptop battery

by zev 8 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

I need a new battery for my toshiba satillite 1805-s204 the battery is a li-ion pa3107u-1brs 4500mah any suggestions for where the best place is to get the most battery for the buck? I see prices ranging from 75 - 200.00 usd. I don?t understand why such a drastic price range. thanks.

• stillajwexelder
  • zev
    zev

hmmmm....i dont do ebay.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hi Zev,

You probally did this already but it was the only thing I could think of doing

Google It (cut and paste) http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-13,GGLD:en&q=li%2Dion+pa3107u%2D1brs+4500mah

It's hard for me to know the best buy where you live but Radio Shack in Canada has the best prices where I live.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

It will be more expensive, but make sure you get a battery made by the manufacturer. There's been a lot of problems with using third-party batteries in cellphones and I'm extrapolating that info. to this situation.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Check out ebay anyway, you might just find what you're looking for!

Also try www.craigslist.org

It's a veritable fleamarket of items for your area and around the US. You may want to place an ad. I think it's all free.

• bisous
    bisous

another vote for ebay, if you don't do it .... you should!

• beebee
    beebee

I've gotten great deals on laptop batteries on ebay and am scoping laptop hard drives at the moment...blew it the other day by not bidding on a 40 G IBM travelstar laptop HD that ended up selling for $36 plus $9 for postage. That was a deal!

Suggestions...know what you are looking for, do your homework.
    Read the description carefully. Some people offer warranties, some sell as is.
    Don't bid until the last few minutes so you don't bid the price up and use the proxy bidder so you don't spend more than you want to.
    Take a close look at the details and verify shipping costs. Some sellers mark shipping high and start their bids low. This is okay as long as it fits into the maximum you want to pay for the total.
    Check the seller's feedback and make sure it's in the high 90's. If it is an inexperienced seller, the pricing should be lower. If you use paypal to pay (no cost to you), they automatically insure it up to $500 (that you get what you paid for)..

I've bought and sold quite a bit and only had one buyer screw me, and never had any problem with a seller.

• battman
    battman

Try www.Battery-Web.com. or BatteryMart.com BTW the reason for large price variation is the quality of cells that go into the battery pack. Cells from Japan like Sony, Sanyo are the best. Often some suppliers will use inferior cells from China. You usually get what you pay for. battman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit