new thought on disfellowshiping?

by eye 23 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eye 23
    eye 23

Hi everyone

Hey... I think I may be addicted to this site!

Anyways, to the point in question......I read somewhere on here that a new thought is coming out soon to the affect of disfellowshipping those who no longer attend meeting ..that the new anouncement would be ....so and so is no longer one of Jehovahs witnesses.but then that person would be classed as a disfellowshiped one......the short of it .shunned

so what I am asking is this...... in a loving way what scriptures would you use in showing that shunning is unscriptual and how jesus showed us to treat one another even those in the faith.....the aim of this is to be the christian here...in order to show those we love that are still blinded how the society is not only unscriptual but also unkind/unloving in its dealings with others.

Instead of getting angry...I want to use this oportunity to help those I love to see the unkind/unloving and ultimately unchrist like spirit of the organization.

thanks in advance

eye23

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How about:

1) Forgiving your brother for his sins not seven times but seventy times seven. Shunning someone for X number of months or years so they would prove their repentence does not involve such gracious forgiving. Jesus said we should be as forgiving of our brothers as our Father in heaven is as forgiving of us.

2) The parable of the Prodigal Son. When the son returned, what was the father's reaction? Did he shun him? Did the son have to wait X number of months or years before the father gave him his full fellowship?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Eye,

One thing you need to be aware of is the different books of the bible teach different things that contridict one another. The problem comes when we try to make them harmanize. For example Corinthians shows it alright to judge our brother and shun him and the Mathews show we shouldn't judge our brother period. So if your under the opinion that the Bible is harmonius you have to invent some way to make them say something other than what is writen.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Haven't heard that one. It is extremely unlikely that they would develop something like that. I think you read wrong or that is a bad rumour.

-Eduardo

• eye 23
    eye 23

thanks for the replies

Jez..I looked at the links you posted and.......A BIG THANKYOU!

I loved the way you spoke to the elders and I love the way you wrote the letter to the elder who showed some compasion.....this is exactly what I want to acheive!

However, I'm more interested is showing my other half the hypocrasy of the organization........I am very aware that I don't 'bad mouth' the org and am acceptable/understanding and loving in my aproach to their meetings/assemblies.etc.....so that as they sit there and I am being bad mouthed as one who has 'gone away from rightiousness' and how awful it is that their spouses give them a hard time for being in the 'truth' .....my love......can think.............ugghhh? my partner is lovely to me and has made me nice sandwiches and hot coffee to take with me to this assembly!??????

If they now have this policy that those that have faded are to be announced as 'no longer one of jehovah's witnesses....with all the implications that this would entail....I want to show why/how this is unkind and unloving ...but mostly unscriptual..........not really for the elders but for the love of my life to see.... who BTW is very reasonable in their thinking ....as long as they remain focused....this is my main objective

I want to concentrate on how jesus was and how he showed love and kindness......I basically want to do my home work before they turn up at my door!

hey you gotta keep one step a head eh?

so...........any scriptures and advice ..points to bring up etc..... would be very helpful.

I realise that the elders will bring up all the well known scriptures..i.e not eating with such a man....not foresaking the gathering of yourselves together......what has light got to do with darkness etc...... but I want to bring in the scriptures about what it means to ..'walk in jesus footsteps' that this is a requirment for all 'true' christians..........that although paul and others may have wrote things in the scripture it is JESUS who really has the final say.(great point BTW on paul saying 'I think')

so if anyone wants to post on how they would conduct a little meeting with the elders...let me know

thanks

love ya all

eye23

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Best advice is

#1 NEVER meet with the elders. Never talk to them, never answer the phone etc. If they can't talk to you, they can't ask you to get into a "meeting" which really means Judicial committee. If they can't talk to you, they can't DF you. Trust me, move, change your phone number, do whatever. Just don't talk to them ever. If they show up at your doorstep, don't answer the door.

• eye 23
    eye 23

Hi Tickled pink

oooopppppsss sorry can't get rid of this box ha ha

this is good advice and what I have been doing for a long time now.......but it is very tireing to live a secret life and if they announce that so and so is no longer attending meetings/out in fs...etc...and so they are no longer a jehovahs witnesses with all the implications that this would bring ie...shunning.....then I want my other half to see that this is not me blatently shouting........
    GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!

but their unloving and unscriptual thoughts as a man made org...this may be the first step to thinking independantly and would gain me my parteners support where other family members are concerned...personally it would be a relief to cut all ties...but I don't want to make things difficult for my other half....so I keep a low profile.....if my hand is forced though .......I am prepared to come out guns o firing.......scriptually speaking!

love

eye23

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

JTP,

Whilst I agree with you that it's best to avoid them (the elders), I must disagree with this:

If they can't talk to you, they can't DF you.

Their procedures state that they simply have to invite you (deliver the invitation to you). If you fail to show, they are to proceed with the 'evidence' they have.

Still, I agree that it's best to avoid such a confrontation - it achieves nothing, they will DF anyway.

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit