Any Smallville fans out there?

by New Worldly Translation 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I'm a big fan of Smallville but I feel the series needs a kick of adrenaline. Some of the episodes are more like a teen drama mixed with an dash of Scooby Doo. All the sexual tension between Clark, Lana, Lex, Chloe does keep me glued to the series though. The last episode 'Sacred' was pretty good with a bit more action than usual and even Lana doing some crouching tiger type moves. I think this storyline with the 4 artifacts will lead to something pretty cool hopefully.

I'm not sure who I fancy more; Tom Welling or Kristin Kreuk. It's all very confusing

Oh, anyone looking forward to the new Superman movie coming out next year?. I've heard they have Kevin Spacey to play Lex Luthor and Bryan Singer directing . Brandon Routh who is playing superman is pretty much unknown like Christopher Reeve was when he started which should work well.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

You'll be glad to know that I live withing viewing distance of their studio and that they film at my university (UBC).

New Worldly Translation

Ah, you must be from the Vancouver area then. I visited there a while ago, it's a cool city. I especially liked Stanley Park and seeing Killer Whales off Vancouver Island, that was amazing. The monorail thingy is good for getting around on as well. We used to go to a shopping centre that I think was called something like Metrotown. We also thought it would be a good idea to walk from the centre of Vancouver to the top of Grouse Mountain and back again. Oh boy, my feet were sore that day!

I think that's part of the reason I watch the show cos I recognize some of the filming locations from years ago. It will all be quite matter of fact for you if you see them filming all the time. I'm just kinda sad for stuff like that

Do you ever get asked to be an extra?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

No, never been asked to be an extra, but a friend of mine, she's been in a few movies (minor roles, not an extra) and a Brittney Spears commercial.

Y'know I've never seen a killer whale in nature, only at the Vancouver Aquarium and I think the last one there was moved. So now there's only a dolphin and I think three beluga whales in the whale tanks.

BTW, technically its not a monorail, as it has two rails, but no conductor. If you haven't been on it in a while, they expanded the line and they put new cars on (though they haven't replaced the ugly old ones).

Just so you know, though, Kristen Kruek, in real life, is quite stuck up (or so I've been told by people who went to high school with her). And in a few months or a year you should see a scene in which there's a car chase with lost of bullets (they made a lot of noise that night, but the light from the spotlights is much worse ).

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

that's a cool show. just a teenager at heart, I guess... lol

J

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Its a cool show if you are an "old" fan of superman comics. It is a really neat take on the story. But I do find this season has become really dark (literally and story line), and it is drifting from the original premise, so its not as good as before. Still worth watching.I think Kristin is beautiful, doesnt' surprise me to hear that she's got an attitude. Michael Rosenbaum (Lex) is hot too! :-)

• qwerty
    qwerty

Another Smallville, Yorkshire Fan here! Qwerty

New Worldly Translation
    BTW, technically its not a monorail, as it has two rails

LOL. Oh yeah, silly me. I think it's cos it reminded me of the Simpsons episode where they build a monorail in Springfield and sing the monorail song. Oh boy, cartoons and superman.. will I ever grow up? just a teenager at heart like you jeanniebeanz

The killer whale at Vancouver aquarium must have been moved a while ago cos it wasn't there when I went It is amazing to see them in the wild though. It's a bit of a journey to get to the expedition base camp on Vancouver Island. I didn't realize before I set off.. it doesn't look far on the map.

Its a cool show if you are an "old" fan of superman comics

Hey, not so much of the old. Haha, I know what you mean though. There was actually a Superboy comic in the 40's. Smallville takes a lot of it's storylines from it including the Lex/Clark friendship, Lana love interest and even Krypto the dog. You can call me a geek now.. I know ya want to

Hey Qwerty, always good to meet a fellow Yorkshire lad wi' sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit