Jehovah's Kingdom growth report for 2004

by FDS 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FDS
    FDS

Sitting in the hall the past week I noticed the annual report and being the avid reader I looked at the report for the USA which I found most interesting.

1,019,696 faithful ministers of Jehovah's kingdom spent 189,740,398 hours witnessing, conducted 519,648 bible studies with 0% growth! How much increase does one need to even have a .1% growth? Certainly sitting there listening to Mr Overseer tell us how "short the time is remaining" we would see some increase? In fact most english speaking nations report the same growth. So you publishes, put down the nintendo and get going door to door! How many sheeplike ones have you forsaken for a good movie? Time is so short the Bros in Brooklyn tell us. Are you really working hard enough for mother? Will your current preaching activity measure up to Jehovah's New World standard?

FDS

• bebu
    bebu

I guess you could say that all those hours are necessary to prevent erosion! Maybe they are congratulating themselves for holding steady...

bebu

• FDS
    FDS

LOL yeah perhaps. I wonder if this takes into consideration those who had to be ...ummmm loved out (DF). What do we need for a .1% of 1,000,000? Sounds about the amount that would be DF eh?

FDS

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

they have sero growth in spite of revitalizing those who are very old and report 15 minutes a month.

If you take this figure to the pubs in the USA ict could be that they are a number betwenn 50,000 and 100,000 pubs who report only 15 minutes a month

so dont talk about sero growth, talk about decline, decline decline!!!

if there would not be the 15 minute regulation you would see the road down the mountain.

the blessing from above fails as the role as ngo has demonostrated who rides the beast in reality.

the Lord will come back and cut the slave into pieces when he finds him beating the household of the Lord.

I hope that some of the pieces ar worth to keep alive.

• sweetsevda
    sweetsevda

u thats interesting asumption

• fairchild
    fairchild
    1,019,696 faithful ministers of Jehovah's kingdom spent 189,740,398 hours witnessing, conducted 519,648 bible studies with 0% growth!

The problem with those reports is that they are only looked at from a single angle. Having a 0% growth, logically, means that the amount of people who got baptized equal the amount of people who officially left the WBTS

• FDS
    FDS

"The problem with those reports is that they are only looked at from a single angle. Having a 0% growth, logically, means that the amount of people who got baptized equal the amount of people who officially left the WBTS"

Interesting indeed. That certainly amounts to a "large" number. So why are so many leaving lately? United Nations? Logically I don't believe a die hard JW would let this bother him in the slightest. I have shown some brothers some things clear as glass yet they only saw what they wanted to see, or better what was in line with the organization....Hopefully more will start to ask WHY....

FDS

• integ
    integ

I'm surprised the Society didn't lie about the numbers. You know...Theocratic Warfare.

Integ.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    1,019,696 faithful ministers

Well, they're really only 'ministers' because the WT says so; they don't actually have to know anything or qualify on the basis of their personal behavior.

189,740,398 hours witnessing

Meet at the hall, mess around a while, drive around the territory, knock on several doors where no one is home, finally find old man working in yard who waves them off, then gets little old lady at door who says she's not interested, get to end of block, look at watch, drive around to three 'return visits,' none of which are home, go get coffee. "Well, that's 3 hours, gang, for each of the 12 of us. Good work." So: if 36 hours = 0, how much does 189 million equal? You do the math.

519,648 bible studies

...almost all of which are with their own children, a captive audience that would bolt in a New York minute if they could; the rest are assorted wingnuts, lonely old people, the occasional misfit from work or school, and a few gullible relatives succumbing to family pressure.

0% growth!

The inevitable result of all of the above.

• garybuss
    garybuss
    Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses 1971 p.30
    © Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society of Pennsylvania 1970

For a moment consider the increase in North America, for it speaks well of the house-to-house preaching and the conducting of home Bible studies. (Signed by: N. H. Knorr)

So I wonder what the "lack" of increase now speaks well of . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit