To Just2laws

by RipVanWinkle 1 Replies latest jw friends

• RipVanWinkle
    RipVanWinkle

I've noted some of your posts since coming to the board. If my memory serves me well, you had been an elder and had seen enough to make a "U" turn. I've also noticed that many here on the board have taken advantage of your internal turmoil to say, not only are there problems in the org. but there are bigger problems like "No God" So you are put out to float without a life boat, jacket, map, compass or anything else and they say "good luck! you are the captain. You are in charge of your future minutes.

Well, I guess that is palatable to some, and that's OK with me. But I saw something that kind of struck home to me and I'd like to share it with you. It's in the form of a joke, but it makes a point.

WHO NEEDS GOD?

One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. They picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him. The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

God listened patiently to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well! How about this? Let's have a man making contest." To which the man replied, "OK, great!" But God added, "Now we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said,... "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"

~

It takes a bunch of super scientists to clone something already in existence. Who was the super Scientist that made the first whatever???

I'm not much into philosophy and I don't know the latest scientific jargon, but I've never seen the miracle of even a simple creature come from nothing. Laws require lawmakers. Life requires a lifegiver. House requires some builder. Even a dilapidated house took someone to make it. How can we account for the marvels known and unknown in the universe without someone as the first cause???

Just thinking on paper.

RVW

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    How can we account for the marvels known and unknown in the universe without someone as the first cause???

Problem is, if you postulate such a first cause - a marvelous intelligent, omnipotent being - you've suddenly got something even more complicated to explain away. People can then legitimately ask: "How can we account for something as complicated as God without someone as the first cause?" At which point you postulate SuperGod (or MetaGod or whatever) and you're in exactly the same position as you were to start with but you now have two incredibly powerful entities to explain away. Obviously that can continue infinitely, showing that whatever else god is good for, he's not much use as a first cause.

--
    Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit