Common traits of dubs...

by one_ugly_time 0 Replies latest jw friends

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

(This is tough - my HTML version of the editor isn't working)

After reading the recent threads by defd it occurred to me that after 20 years of being out of the borg that I still exhibit some of these traits... someone make it stop - please !!!

2) Quick to judge.

Based upon Calamity's picture, you must be married. Well, we all, borg or not, we make judgements upon people when we meet them, talk with them and share. However, there is something unique in the way the borg has taught us to judge people based upon little or no relationship with the individual; prior to any sharing.

2) Only their interpretation of language is accurate.

As in calling Calamity a liar when she said she was a sister. Along the same lines as judging; since Calamity had her interpretation of language that was different, that automatically cast an image of "liar". Again, without some amount of time getting to know someone, the language MUST conform or you are labeled.

3) Just as guilty as they accuse others; yet justifiable and OK.

Unless an individual has a very unique work situation, chatting on a forum through a Fortune 500 internet company is against the company policy. In addition, using that forum for an extended amount of time throughout the day indicates that time charged to building the Saturn that the general public is paying for was actually spent paying for someone to chat on a forum.

4) Socially inept

Lacking the ability to converse about various topics without the feeling of control and/or the need to "play with them". Those clearly lacking in social skills continue bumbling through life without ever getting close to anyone for fear of exposing their deep rooted ineptness.

5) Unwilling to admit wrongdoing; justifiable as an "imperfection"

Individuals that join a forum without reading the guidelines of the forum feel they have some right to claim ignorance of the rules. This doesn't fly in the court of law and typically doesn't fly in real life. If you don't know something, get off your high horse to ask or atleast admit you screwed up, and remedy the situation.

This can only be infered what little information has been provided. It is precisely this reason i would infer this conclusion. Rather than participating in life and feeling the ups and downs, discouraging moments and encouraging friendships, some people would rather hide behind the facade of feeling - allowing an organization to convey to you how you should feel about a topic.

7) No desire or willingness to share themselves or to get close to others

Let's keep this one simple - Tell me one positive attribute, from a personal standpoint, about sensuality... and one negative attribute about who you are as an individual.

As for me... sensuality is the expression of feelings, desires, and needs communicated through the same everyday routines that we normally engage in - yet adds a nuance to the air that fills the spirit of you and your partner... adding laughter from the heart, sadness from the gut, and a look in the eyes of my partner that lets me know that she is happy in life.

I still have a problem with 1-6. This post is just another example of some of these shortcomings. However, I finally realized that if I were perfect and eliminated them all, I would be a chaste, zen monk sitting on a rock watching the world go by... obtaining handouts for food by offering silent, transcedental thoughts... and denying any desire for life...

ugly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit