The Chaos of CULTS- -Chapter on JWs. RUSSELL INFO.

by Jez 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jez
    Jez

By Jan Karel Van Baalen-1956

Interesting stuff in here about JW's. If you can get your hands on this book, the chapter about JW's is interesting as it contains many many old quotes from Russell and Rutherford himself. Quote after quote from the 2 of them. Provides, of course, references for everything said as well, from old books of his and mags, the Awake and the Consolation. It catches many misprints, misquotes, and changes that were made in the old days.

While there is too much to tell, one thing that made me giggle was under the subheading, "The Beginnings" (and I quote) Mrs. Russell sued her husband for divorce because of improper relationship with Rose Ball, he denied the truth violently until, when cornered, he admitted embarrassing circumstances. His wife did not receive a divorce because of adultry but because his "conceit" and "domination" were such as to make life intolerable to any sensitive woman.

He then was dragged into court again because he practiced fraud upon his wife. He transferred his property to corporations and societies over which he himself had absolute control, thus trying to avoid paying her alimony.

He was charged by The Brooklyn Eagle with causing "Miracle Wheat" to be sold at sixty dollars a bushel ("in court he admitted that there was some element of truth in that"). He was also accused of inducing sick ppl to make over their fortunes to his organizations.

LOL...great foundation Jehovah Witnesses!!!!!! YAH GOD PICKED JWes!! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Lies! Those are all lies! :P

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

May I patiently explain that Jesus cleansed the congregation from all vile influences in 1919.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit