Return visits

by freedom96 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• freedom96
    freedom96

After reading some threads today, it got me thinking. So many times people on this board talk to witnesses who come to the door, but then tough questions are asked, and they say they will come back. But so many times they never show again.

When you went out in service, did you make an effort to go back?

I don't remember not going back specifically because someone asked me a tough question. I simply didn't like going back to the house. Ok, here are this weeks magazines. I didn't know what to say to these people. I actually preferred a new house instead.

Are perhaps some of the people at the door actually becoming smarter about the witnesses, and therefore give them a harder time?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

When I was pioneering, I loved RV's. A chance to build on previous conversations, maybe get a Bible Study. Yeah, RV's rocked.

When I was only going out a few hours a month, though, that changed. Now I would call on a house, then call again a month or more later. By that time, the householder didn't know who I was, didn't remember the conversation, or worse, DID remember and wanted to know where the hell I was all this time after I promised I'd come back. Talk about no-win!

I tried to pass off particularly promising RV's to more regular publishers, but they usually didn't bite. "You planted it, you water it" seemed to be the order of the day.

Come to think of it, has anybody ever been asked for their return visit book when they were disfellowshipped? What about all the poor souls out in the territory that you've been CULTivating? Shouldn't someone follow up on them?

Dave

• orbison11
    orbison11

lol i found out that when i was df'd they brought in the co's wife to take over my bible studies

i was such a suck

wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit