Elder espionage? Currently or in the past?

by ithinkisee 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I searched the board but didn't see much about it.

Do you think there are any elders currently serving that are only serving, or only strove to be an elder so they could get damaging and damning info in order to bring the Org down?

I am seriously thinking it might be a good idea for me since all I have to do is reach out for it and I would be an MS again, and probably an elder within a year or two. (Scary, huh?)

While I would like to it also seems a bit twisted, and I don't really want to waste that much time of MY LIFE on the Org. Know what I mean?

Anyways, I would love to hear some good espionage stories. . .

-ithinkisee

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

If somebody was currently involved in this type of activity, they wouldn't be able to post it openly on the internet as the bOrg monitors sites like these.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hello ithinkisee,

I don't think the cost-benefit ratio analysis would really allow me to do that. You'd have to waste years of your life with cold, mean people, just so that you could maybe get your hands on some tiny scrap of material you think is useful. I mean, maybe if you're already an elder and you discover the truth, it might be worth it then. But there are so many more meaningful things you could do with your time....the mind boggles to even come up with a metaphor to describe how much better spent your time would be living life outside the org.

Just my two cents.

SNG

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Oh, but in regard to your question, did you see that thread recently about bookstudy conductors? I couldn't believe how many people on this board are currently conducting the bookstudy!

SNG

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Oh, but in regard to your question, did you see that thread recently about bookstudy conductors? I couldn't believe how many people on this board are currently conducting the bookstudy!

Yes. I am one of those people ... well ... not the Official conductor but I fill in once or twice a month.

Right now I am toeing the line - staying just unreliable enough to not be appointed and just reliable enough to remain respectable in the congregation. Next weekend I am going to a Kingdom Hall Construction project.

My wife and kids are out in service right now. I feel sorry for my kids.

-ithinkisee

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    My wife and kids are out in service right now. I feel sorry for my kids.

ithinkisee - this is what would be of top priority to me -were I in your shoes. I was a 'child' when first my parents 'studied' and mom became a witness. Now - almost fifty, I am finally out of the Borg! It entrenches you, and even when doubts occur, you cannot cut yourself loose. At least that was true for me until recently.

I can't live your life - nor do I try to - but if my kids were young, which makes you fairly young too - I would get out, and never look back. If not for you - then for the kids!!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion

Jeff

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Can someone post the link to this thread. Search isn't working for me right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit