Do you get emotional at work

by squinks 6 Replies latest social family

• squinks
    squinks

Do you let your feelings show at work. When I was a kid my Dad said I wore my heart on my sleeve, and I do. This always caused my Dad distress "you just can't do that" he would say. Well it happens and I don't want to seem unprofessional in the workplace. What to do, is it OK?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm a Bar manager/bartender in a busy downtown rock n roll club. On the weekends in my joint, it turns into a HUGE frat party. These people are the most clueless, self centered, ill mannered people I have ever come into contact with in my life. I freak out all the time on these people. One of the perks of my job is being able to tell people to get f***ed, and throw them out using their heads to open the door. So yeah, I guess you could say I lose my cool all the time, but it's justified.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hi there y'all!

When I'm at work, I enjoy my job and the people so much that is all "happy, happy, joy, joy".

In case of sadness due to personal matters or other stuff, I don't let it show. I've heard it's just not a good idea to be overly emotional at the workplace.

DY

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I am rubbish at hiding my feelings and so I don't bother even trying. Everyone knows when I am in a bad mood (ie today)- but equally they know when I'm in a good mood.

I don't like to cry at work, but occasionally I can't help it, which is horribly embarrassing. I managed not to today. Instead I got it out by slamming a few doors and having sarcastic conversations in my head - that kind of mental role play really helps (although some may define it as some sort of psycho disorder) and makes me laugh at myself a bit.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Yes. My feelings are my work. Unfortunately.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• HEAVENS DESTINY
    HEAVENS DESTINY

I have gotten very stressed out and work throughing fits, yelling to customers (only when they push me to far), having attitude w/co-workers. Well eventually I have whats called Major Depression and well it goes on high blast when I'm going through PMS. So I rely on my wonderful happy pill the Dr. Rx'd. and now I'm as happpy as a bee even through my pms. Maybe seek medical help, counceling or maybe your job has on on-site counselor who helps there employess. Lean on God to help you w/your emotional problem (not the JW's). Faith in god is my #1 solution.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

NO ONE see's me cry. i dont do it prettily like us southern gals are suposed to..

i bawl., i wail, i shoot tears out of my eyes 5 feet away,...i snivel, i snort, i blow my nose loudly, i hiccup........

so no.. i never got emotional at work..... i hide in the bathroom until i calm down

(cept one time...... i bawled 8 hours , at work, after my ex cheated on me..... but it wasnt my fault that i cried! .. one of the ladies there just hugged me and told me not to say anything, she didnt want to make me talk about anything.. just hugged me and told me she cared ........8 hours later i was still hiccupping when i was driving home)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit