Korn Member Leaving Band for Religion

by closer2fine 8 Replies latest jw friends

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Korn Member Leaving Band for Religion Feb 24, 8:02 AM EST

The Associated Press

Korn's music: Listen & download

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- A founding member of Korn is leaving the band to focus on his religious beliefs. "Korn has parted ways with guitarist Brian `Head' Welch, who has chosen Jesus Christ as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end," said a statement posted Tuesday on Korn's Web site.

Welch told The Bakersfield Californian that his decision might be surprising to some. "A lot of people think I'm crazy. I don't care."

Welch said he'd become increasingly disenchanted with producing heavy metal music that invokes dark and morbid images.

"Those guys in the band, they're not bad guys. They're just a bunch of kids getting marketed how these guys in the big corporate firms want to do," Welch said.

"It makes us look like bad people, but we're really just a bunch of kids who never had a chance to grow up."

Korn is working on its eighth album, set for release later this year. The band's self-titled 1994 debut album sold more than 2 million copies.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

My son is having a s*** fit... :(

Jeannie

• Dustin
    Dustin

I can't believe that. It's so stupid. He's trading groupies for Jesus??? WTF? I so hate religion.

Dustin

• Brummie
    Brummie

Its his personal choice, can't fault him for that. We made ours.

Brummie

• Dustin
    Dustin

No you really can't fault him. I just really dislike religion in general after leaving JW land. Korn has some great songs, I'm sure they'll replace him but it's sad to see him go.

Dustin

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

What's wrong with him leaving? I love Korn's music, but we all make choices...I wish him the best.

• IronGland
    IronGland

In related news, Jesus resigns as messiah to become guitar player for Korn.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

LMAO @ IronGland

Kansas District Overbeer

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Guess he's "done his time."

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit