Just found out I can't go to the Apostaboil...

by wanderlustguy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

And of all things, I'll be spending that weekend in Nashville sucking up to clients. Just found out today when it is, wouldn't you know it. Maybe I need to reprioritize things?

This sucks.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Bummer!

There's always next time.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    I'll be spending that weekend in Nashville sucking up to clients.

Why don't you make them reschedule (or at least ask them nicely)?

The end of April is quite a ways away, and you need time for yourself. That's why I'm not working now: I was constantly sucking up to people. It totally cramps my style.

But that's just me. Maybe this client thing is really important and they possibly can't reschedule.

Or maybe I should just shut up before I get slapped by Big Tex, because what I just said sounded really selfish right now.

laters

kaykay_mp

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Wish I could, it's the annual Dish Network Summit, all the big players will be there, and I'm on the Board for our company...no getting out of it. I guess I'll have to catch the next one. Maybe it's da devil tryin to keep me from doin what's right and I need to quit my job and wash windows...

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

That's a darn shame you won't be able to attend.

lousy, stinkin', no good, knuckle draggin, half witted, sorry excuse for livin' clients...!!

Lisa - Miss Congeniality 2005

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    Wish I could, it's the annual Dish Network Summit, all the big players will be there, and I'm on the Board for our company...no getting out of it. I guess I'll have to catch the next one. Maybe it's da devil tryin to keep me from doin what's right and I need to quit my job and wash windows...

Oh, Dish Network. I used to work for Echostar (which you already know is affiliated with Dish). I've never seen so much ass-kissing in my entire life. So I know what you're talking about. I got really annoyed by it, so I left last year. laters kaykay_mp

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh No! That sucks!

I hope you can make another fest in the future.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Actually everything goes through Echostar, it's not the worst thing in the world, but I just can't get used to how these people are about their TV...plain crazy.

• Xena
    Xena

Sorry to hear you can't make it. I'm not 100% sure I'm going yet at this point but if I did come it would have been nice to meet you

Oh well....I'm sure there will be more on the agenda soon.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit