Alternative field service

by wannaexit 4 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Recently I attended a circuit assembly here in Canada and was surprised that they were using this term.

"Alternative service" is field service other than the door to door work. So street work, phone witnessing and business are now called "alternative service."

It cracks me up how they adopt terms from the "world" that they hate so much.

• Gopher
    Gopher

There's also parking-lot witnessing, beach witnessing, and the always-dreaded informal witnessing (formerly known as "incidental" witnessing).

I suppose there's also Internet witnessing via chat rooms and discussion boards.

These ways you can report the hours without having to meet with a service group or being under the watchful eye of any elder who may have happened to be out in the door-to-door work.

"Alternative service" -- for those who don't want to go door-to-door? (The hard-liners will say if you don't go door to door, you're not really supporting your congregation's coverage of its territory.)

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Alternative service" -- for those who don't want to go door-to-door? (The hard-liners will say if you don't go door to door, you're not really supporting your congregation's coverage of its territory.)

You are absolutely right. That's what makes this term so stupid. You are still expected to go from door to door.

By the way at this assembly the DO said that the door to door work is the most successful avenue of speading their "propaganda", so door to door is still pushed heavily.

wanna

• Poztate
    Poztate
    "Alternative service" is field service other than the door to door work. So street work, phone witnessing and business are now called "alternative service."

Starbucks and Tim Hortons...here we come.You just got to lay out the mags on the table as you are enjoying a double double and a cream filled donut and it becomes....ALTERNATE SERVICE. Look for the stats in 2005 to go through the roof as jehovah blesses this new arrangement..

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Starbucks and Tim Hortons

That's really the only thing that is on the mind of 99% of jw when they get ready for service.

wanna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit