Do they HAVE to give an "apostate" a second warning (Titus 3:10)?

by FreedomFrog 4 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

This should be interesting and fun.

I'm going to get involved in helping my sister with the appeal meeting. I'm going to call Brooklyn and ask them if a person is accused of apostacy and was brought to the elders on that charge but it was determined that there was "repentence". Can elders DF on the second time even if that person says sorry...shouldn't the scripture in Titus 3:10 apply to this situatioin where it says "As for a man that promotes a sect, reject him AFTER a first AND a second admonition"?

Then I'll hold that information until we meet with the appeal committee and when they "give me hassle" I can then show that they ARE wrong in this.

Now, I will probably have a JC meeting for me formed because of being "rebellious" but I won't go. And I will more than likely get DF'd. That would be all too fun.

What do ya think?

FF

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

FF

I think they will interpret that scripture in whatever way suits the moment - just like always.

They have one goal - control. At any and all costs. They cannot afford to let people have opinions, ideas, or individualism in any form.

I doubt that Crooklyn will give you any ammunition. They usually send the reply [or a copy of it] to the body of elders also. They are in kahoots - most likely they will not even reply to you until they have acertained under what circumstances you inquire.

I could be wrong here. Perhaps you can refute them with their own worst enemy - a quote in the publications. They have flipped and flopped on everything else.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

At times, complicated judicial cases may necessitate con-
    sultation with an experienced mature elder in another
    congregation or with the circuit overseer.

Generally, the pertinent details should be discussed, but
    names should not be used.

However, when the circuit overseer is the elder consult-
    ed or when circumstances require that you contact the
    Society, use of names may be necessary
    . (w87 9/1
    pp. 12-15; km 9/77 p. 6)

FF - this is a direct quote from the elder's handbook. I would assume that most congregations would immediately contact the CO or even the branch office in the case of apostasy. So most likely the branch already knows of the case.

Just be careful not to implicate yourself too deeply if you want to stay unscathed for the moment

Jeff

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Then I'll hold that information until we meet with the appeal committee and when they "give me hassle" I can then show that they ARE wrong in this.

They are only wrong according to the bible. As we all know if the bible says one thing and the WT says another they go with the WT view.

With regards to apostacy...they are scared s*#tless of it and will at all costs excise the tumor that will corrupt the flock. Look for no mercy or justice from the JC.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Gina talked to an elder at Brooklyn Bethel. He told her that the "understanding" of that verse is that the person would need to be in some way reminded of the wrongfulness of their course. It doesn't suggest that they can't be DF'd until the 3rd time.

Surprise, surprise...

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit