Afraid of change

by Ticker 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Ticker
    Ticker

This is just a little diddy i thought of today as I was listening to this song, but thought its words were very truthful to all or at least some of us.

"Landslide" lyrics by Stevie Nicks

"I took my love, I took it down. Climbed a mountain and I turned around. I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills 'till the landslide brought

me down. Oh mirror in the sky what is love? Can the child within my heart rise above? Can I sail through the changing ocean tides? Can I

handle the seasons of my life? I dont know. Well ive been afraid of changing 'cause ive built my life around you, but time makes you get bolder, even children get older and i'm getting older too."

This statement is so true to me. I was afraid of changing because all my hopes and dreams were built around the watchtowers claims and promises. I guess like the song goes I climbed the mountain, turned around, saw my reflection, seen it wasnt all "A" ok and the landslide brought me down. Oh well im glad to be free even though sometimes it still hurts.

Ticker

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Anytime you build your life around anything it can be tough when you lose it. Build it around family and eventually you lose many to death, and that is change of the most permanant and painful sort. Or the athlete that builds his life around his performance and status as an athlete, when they can no longer compete it is rough. Build you life around more than one thing, and make them things that you feel good about and that give you something in return, and when the inevitable winds of change blow through your life it will be much easier to weather.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

thats why i hate it when dubs say, "you're taking the easy way out. serving jehovah is hard so you stop because you are lazy." that's such bullshit because leaving is the hardest thing you can do especially if you were raised a Jdub and all of your family members want to remain Jdubs. it is great to have a free conscience and knowledgeable mind... but the reprocussions can suck a lot

bethel light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit