Census: 1920 & 1910

by Sobeit 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sobeit
    Sobeit

1910 Census: Brooklyn Hts. of New York lists members of the Bible Society, but I did not see Rutherford's name. He was supposed to left for the Brooklyn headquarters in 1907. Did I miss it?

1920 Census: Cincinnatti, Ohio: Franz, Frederick age 61, Ida, wife, age 52; Frederick, son age 28; Alvin, son age 18; and Albert Craddock, boarder, age 30 born England, living with Franz family.

Albert Craddock came to Cleveland and had a practice as a Mechincal therapist and was treated by many JW's here. He was a brilliant, kindly person who loved his wife, Margaret, dearly. Franz told him not to get marry and Doc Craddock told him that if he had to have a boss, he rather have a wife. Does anyone know more about Albert Craddock's background?

• under74
    under74

Welcome to the forum Sobeit.

I don't have answers I feel confident in giving so I'm just going to Bump This to The Top of the active list and I'm sure somebody here will have some comments sooner or later.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

freddie franz was 61 years old in 1920??? or am i reading that wrong? because if he was 61 in 1920, then he would have lived to about the age of 120... i think he died around 1980. maybe i should still be in bed... or at the meeting

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Rutherford spent time in California as well, but I'm not sure if it was as early as 1910. You might want to check the Bonnie and Berta thread and the Rutherford's wife thread which go into much of the census data on Rutherford and his family...

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    freddie franz was 61 years old in 1920???
    1920 Census: Cincinnatti, Ohio: Franz, Frederick age 61, Ida, wife, age 52; Frederick, son age 28;

Too many Fred's!

I guess the 61 year old in 1920 was Freddy's father.. Kind of reminds me of the Chucky horror movies.

HappyDad

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

haha me so stupid! thanks happy dad i guess the son was the freddie franz who became the vice-prez of the company in the 60's (i think?)... i should have done my research!

bethel

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Freddie died in the early 1990s - I think it was 1993 - certainly not 1980 - he was 99 years old at death

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit