Just wondered......watching a movie...

by anuva 7 Replies latest jw friends

• anuva
    anuva

just yesterday nite, i watched "tears of the sun" * ing bruce willis.....and wondered sitting....that

how by being a JW i have to condemn "peacekeeping forces"..who save many homeless, and hungry people, from evil .....As the ones who ARE evil and will be killed by god at armageddon...UnTil.......they Accepted WTS..and baptised as JW

what would have happened had i surrendered my conscience to get the love of JW girl ..........? how can people compromise their conscience(condeming innocent millions) for sake of little personal satisfaction...!!!!! i wonder

• Valis
    Valis

being no part of the world makes for a great excuse to turn a blind eye..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

yep, the WTS way seems to be "milk the system dry of anything you can....just don't fulfill any of your civic responsibilities"

Tears of the Sun is a definite keeper in my collection. It's very touching, yet gritty.

Ern

• mama
    mama

Barney made some interesting points there, but as another post said, you might not join the army but if someone breaks into your house you would call the police and if they had to kill such an individual you would not object to them protecting your life. So is the policeman evil? What makes him different from a soldier? As for the bible, it contridicts itself on this subject. I believe the bible but i am not blind either, Jehovah or God whatever you choose to call him, often sent the jews to war, and they did some pretty awful things to their enemies, things that would not be widely accepted during warfare today, yet Jesus told Peter not to fight. Could that possibly be because he knew what had to take place and didn't want Peter screwing up the plan? Jesus himself is supposed to come back directly a heavenly army, so is it fair to assume that God wouldn't approve of protecting ones family and country?

• anuva
    anuva

Dearest BARNEY ..

you sopke some very good points.....

As you say .."I really don't consider the troops of the military forces to be considered "peace keeping" especially when they are the invaders of a foreign land, and they are the ones bringing the death and destruction. "

it is correct interpretation by you sir, it is case by case analysis, we need to see and decide on all cases , around the world , and then decide who is doing what , let us say .. UN soldiers in charge of defence on convoy distributing releif supplies to hunger and disease and tribal war torn areas of AFRICA ...what do you say sir ?

Countless number of "resue missions" undertaken by forces to save innocent people around the world, ...to refresh you , most recently ......tsunami hit areas of asia...Immense contribution ...is visible to naked eye.. who are they sir?

So what i am saying about the point was NOT a black and white VIEW of any army of any part of world...we were living in world of individuals.....i am sure you weren't able to READ the news of an USA soldier seeking discharged from IRAQ, because his conscience doesn't allow that...but that's the way we live.......some like to see black and white.....some see the shades, i beleive in shades......

for all those good and savior of innocents...jesus told us in book of matthews...."peacekeepers will be called children of god" he wasn't talking about any army..of any nation, he was talking about individuals....AND we all individuals are acountable for ourselves.

aren't we ?

love and peace

anuva

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

If your point of view regarding U.S. Military forces comes from or is supported by anything that Michael Moore has said, done, directed... then you really need to check that again. Kids flying kites means nothing compared to the women who would walk down the street in fear of being kidnapped by Sadams sons or cronies, raped, then killed. Men who were dipped in acid and their families were made to watch because they opposed Saddam. Now, I will agree that the reasons we were given to go there were total and complete bullshit. At the same time though, you cannot blame the soldiers who were only following orders and doing their duty. Between Bush and Kerry, give me Bush any day of the week. Before you go off on me saying that I am a right wing this and that... I LOVED Clinton. :D GREAT president, I only wish he could run for office again. I am looking forward to the elections in 3 years. Hope we get someone better in charge. Until then, I will make the best I can of what we have, and when I re-enlist, I will again follow the orders of my commander and chief without question. Kansas District Overbeer

• anuva
    anuva

..anuva

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I'm sorry Anouva. I will back out of this thread.

Kansas District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit