Were you ever so bored witnessing that you did something fun to spice it up

by Qcmbr 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

When I was a missionary we had had a full day of door knocking and we were bored out of our skulls.We decided that since we'd been told by quite a few born agains that we were representatives of Satan that.... we'd pull a couple of thorns off a rose bush and spend the next hour tracting with them stuck to our heads like little mini horns.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

No one let us in just in case you wondered

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

OMG, that is too funny!

Our mornings were spent yard-saling, punctuated with brief intervals of preaching in between.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yes, there was one morning, when I was with the CO's wife, just the two of us. We did one street and were not getting anyone home. She said "let's do something else", so I, thinking she meant RV's, said "lead me on"...........and she said "head for the Mall". So we spent the morning at the Mall and got back in time for lunch, and didn't say a word to anyone. We laughed about that everytime we met. She was cool.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Another JW fella and I were a bit bored in service one morning. A lady answered her door and thought we were Mormons. We didn't correct her and continued our presentation.

Here's to you Q!

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

LOL! Excellent.

Most of the time the field service was mind numbingly boring. I used to look forward to working with one particular brother who was a bit of a joker. If the householder said 'Oh, you're not one of those witnesses are you?' in an angry tone he used to say we were from Littlewoods pools and they had won the jackpot.

Me and my brother devised a points system where we would score points for saying insults to the householder during the conversation. If they said they weren't interested I'd say something like 'Ok, have a good day smelly' and score a point. It's no wonder we had so many do not calls on our territory!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I hadnt remembered this until i saw this post but we used to try and get as many euphemisms and phrases into the conversation no matter how shortlived...i.e. 'Barking up the wrong tree'....'sawing horns off goats'....etc...my record was 12 in one conversation....i dont know how we didnt die laughing...

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Bored?

No, not so much bored as frankly terrified. I couldn't shake the crippling "stage fright" except when I pioneered - and then only after going out in service for at least 3 hours daily for a couple of weeks. Of course that didn't leave much time for looking after my family, and it wore me out, so I always had to quit.

No, most of the time I was just terrified. Boredom would have been a welcome relief.

g ently f eral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit