Did JWD doom my relationship?

by wanderlustguy 1 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I think the answer to that is yes. But I don't think it's a bad thing, here's why:

Before I was always so hesitant to stand up and say no more. I was afraid, like leaving the truth, that I would lose something and never ever find something that could replace it, the good parts anyway. The good parts being someone that could have a deep conversation and not look at me like I have two heads. Face it, as ex-jw's or people who are here out of interest, we take things to a whole different level. I couldn't give a crap less about sports in general, except hockey, and sitting in a bar drinking beer is only fulfilling some of the time. I like going to a new city and being able to appreciate the uniqueness of it's culture, etc, or having real discussion about life and God without blinders on to another opinion. The funny thing is, the longer I was with her, the less those things occured, because she couldn't handle my ability to offer rebuttals to her beleifs, which were actually to figure out the thought process. She was baptist, raised that way, but had a hard time explaining her faith through the bible, just knew it was right because it made sense at the time they told her.

I also absolutely love people in general, so much to learn form everyone, I wouldn't give up a single lesson learned from the worst person I ever met. Because of her (I know, repeat, but I'm typing as I'm thinking), I shut out so many people and closed myself off to meeting new ones. I really regret that, especially women, whose insights I like the most, as they are usually deeper than a man's (admit it folks, there's a LOT of knuckle draggers out there). I lost my best friend in the entire world because of her, and don't know if I'll ever find her again, I can only hope she may one day see this site and see me posting (yes Miranda, I'm talking about you if you're reading this). She'll know me by my screename, because hers used to be the same except it was Wandrlustgirl. I miss her so much every single day, and I cry every single time I think of it, it's torture to know she's out there and I hurt her like I did.

But I digress, the reason I say it is good that JWD may have helped me end my relaitonship is because it gave me back something I never had. That something is hope. I have the hope that I will again know what it is like to have friends I can say anything to without fearing judgement (except for my penchant for twisting the heads off of baby chickens...just kidding). Of course there is the hope of finding my friend again, but I can't discount the hope fo finding so many more.

You guys just through a warm welcome and non judgemental temperance have made me feel "at home" and like I really can be ok, even alone. I know now I've needed to be alone, I think that is something as JW's we never got, being alone was bad, isolating yourself was wrong, so we got depedant on having others around (how many of us got married before 20 to the first person we had sex with or that showed us attention?). So anyway, I guess this is a long way to say thanks to Simon and all the others who have a part in this site, I can't wait to meet you at the Apostaboil.

W

• Odrade
    Odrade

W, keep looking for your best friend. I found mine online and she lives about an hour away now. We went to breakfast yesterday and she got "food poisoning." LMAO! which really means that her baby didn't like the breakfast so he made her urp it up. I'm gonna be a godmother! whoohoo! so don't give up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit