A Polite Robber

by lonelysheep 0 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Gawd, I hope they catch him!

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_021805_nicebandit.html

Somerset County-WABC, February 18, 2005) ? There's no doubt he had good home training, it's just that he may of missed a class or two. He's being called the polite bandit and while his manners are commendable, his full time job really isn't solid resume material.

videoEyewitness News Video
    slide show Images From Story
    RelatedLink From the AP: The News in Photographs
    RelatedLink Add News Headlines to Your Web Page or Corporate Intranet

Eyewitness News Reporter Jen Maxfield joins us with this most unusual story.

This guy is one of a kind. This robber has ripped off six businesses in Somerset County in the past two months.

The surveillance video shows him caught in the act. The young man steals hundreds of dollars in cash but can't leave without saying he is sorry.

Andre Arrieta/Clerk: "He just says sorry about that."

You're watching the so called polite bandit in the act. According to the victims, this guy says please, thank you, even sorry.

Arrieta: "It's pretty sad that he has to steal and apologize. I mean if you are going to rob somebody, just try to be a tough guy through out the whole thing. Don't apologize at the end of it."

Five businesses on main street in downtown Manville and one in nearby Bound Brook have been robbed by the well-mannered menace. In every hold up, the young man displays a semi-automatic gun, demands cash and stuffs the loot in a black backpack.

In a December 19th convenience store hold up, he walked out the door with the cash, waivered and then came back in to apologize and to repeat the same sob story he is telling all of his victims.

Jill Klingebiel/Victim: "I have to feed my baby. Sorry, lady, I have to feed my baby. He said my baby is starving. I need your money."

This thief hit the same Manville gas station twice.The second time, the owner says he tried to befriend his son after stealing his cash.

Jules Pampino/Gas Station Owner: "He gave him that fist thing, 'Hey, give me five. .' My son looked at him and said, what? are you kidding me?"

Manville police are determined to catch the polite bandit. They're concerned that he may one day use that gun and have a lot more to apologize for. If you have any information, give Manville police a call at (908) 725-1900.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit