Is the Society sending literature in the mail again?

by AK - Jeff 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have not read an 'Awake' magazine for a couple years, but I have the Feb 8, 2005 issue in front of me. In looking at the advertizement for the Young People Ask Book, on the back cover, I see something that seems different from years past. There is a coupon like they used to use in which you can put your name, address, ect. In past years they would forward that to the congregation and an elder of pioneer would personally bring the literature to your home.

This one seems different -on the left side there are two places to check -

#1 - Without obligation, I request a copy of the book Questions Young People Ask - Answers that Work.

or

#2 - Please contact me concerning a free home Bible study.

Does this mean that they will just send the book? It would seem unbelievable that if it is hand delivered there would be no attempt to start a study with the one requesting.

Does anyone know if the proceedure has changed?

Jeff

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The WTBTS does not mail magazines anymore. However, you local JW zealots do. Answer and send back nothing, or you'll never get rid of them!

DY

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

If you send a coupon in, the society will send correspondance to the nearest congo telling them what publication you asked for and instructing them to call on you. The congo SO will assign this duty to a publisher or pio of his choosing.

IPSec

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    #1 - Without obligation, I request a copy of the book Questions Young People Ask - Answers that Work.

Without obligation, right.

WTS will have a good dub in the cong. either mail the book using their own postage of course, and said dub will be so happy because they get to count a placement without actually having to knock on some one's door. Of course dub will have to contribute for the book themselves, if they decide not to hand deliver. WTS has got a pretty racket going there.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Does this mean that they will just send the book? It would seem unbelievable that if it is hand delivered there would be no attempt to start a study with the one requesting.

I think they word it in this way to give the impression that it will be mailed out to you.

WRONG...It will be hand delivered by some poor dub who will start sniffing around to see if you are BS (book study) inclined.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Poztate

That was my view also. Why would manipulation of words suprize me here?

Jeff

• Ticker
    Ticker

Without Obligation, thats a new term they are using or else I have never seen it worded that way before, correct me if im wrong. I think maybe more and more people are realizing just how high pressure they are and so now they use this pitch to draw on hesitant ones. Just my thoughts on it,

Ticker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit