Valentines, Waterworks, and such...

by jeanniebeanz 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Well, it?s Valentines Day and our 7 th anniversary and it?s got me thinking. Many of the issues that couples have are over the volatile nature of a woman?s emotions, namely mine.

Normally, if a man says something and it can have two meanings, he meant the benign thing, and the woman takes the negative, hurtful, skeptical, or obnoxious thing.

Why is that?

Many men go through their lives wishing to high heaven that they could understand the women they love. Something that many men don?t understand though is that there are those of us women who don?t understand ourselves.

It is puzzlement to me, for example, why do we cry? In my case, it is not intentional or a ploy; it just happens. I hate it, the waterworks happens at the most inopportune time. I can take all kinds of heat in the boardroom, and go through terrifying depositions in my line of work and be a complete cast iron general. However, one questionable remark from my hubby, whom I know loves me more than his own life and the tears flow.

Since there are at this time some many thousand registered users of this site, I am hoping that someone has figured this out and can explain the following to me.

Why do some women cry when they are happy?

Why do some women cry when they are sad?

Why do some women cry when they don?t know why they are crying?

Why do some women cry when watching animated children?s movies involving mermaids?

Why do some women cry when their children say ?I love you??

If anyone can figure out even just the top one, I?d be grateful (so would hubby).

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Jeannie

• new light
    new light

I don't know why women cry so often, but I will say "don't sweat it". We love you and if not for women the world would be a dreary, although much drier, place to live.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my take on it is Forget Love...I'd rather fall in Chocolate!!

and to answer your questions.. women cry to release homicidal hormones. if we didnt cry we'd knock our men in the head.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

According to Christiane Northrup, MD, "The purpose of emotions, regardless of what they are, is to help us feel and participate fully in our own lives. To become aware of our inner guidance system, we must learn to trust our emotions....

"We are not taught that we have an innate ability to deal with pain, that our bodies know how to do this. Crying is one of the ways in which we rid our bodies of toxins. Crying allows us to move energy around our body and sometimes to rechannel it or understand it in a different way. When we don't allow ourselves to feel our emotions and instead use addictive processes such as running or tranquilizers to "get a high," we actually create hormones (enkephalins) that repress tears (and our full emotional expression)....

"Tears contain toxins that the body needs to get rid of. Tears of joy and tears of sorrow have different chemical compositions and are influenced by hormones. They also serve different purposes. When we allow ourselves a full emotional release, our body, mind, and spirit feel cleansed and free. Insight about what to do in a given situation often comes only after we feel our emotions about it and shed tears if necessary....

"Many illnesses are quite simply the end result of emotions that have been stuffed, unacknowledged, and unexperienced for years."

So don't try to stuff it, just let it be. Does the sky ask why it rains? It's only natural and its okay to feel emotion and express it whether we fully understand it or not. That's what I say.

--Merry

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    "Tears contain toxins that the body needs to get rid of. Tears of joy and tears of sorrow have different chemical compositions and are influenced by hormones.

you said that much better than i did merry!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I disagree, Candidlynuts. I love the way you said it!

Respectfully,

--Meeg

PS-- HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAYI'm in love with every single wunuhyuh

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Honestly - if someone figures this out - I'd love to know too.

It's not to feel like you can't stop an emotion - which is not to say you have lost control of your emotions - tho sometimes when particularly hormonal I do feel that way.

I have no idea what will set me off sometimes.

I doubt it helps, but if it's any consolation, I have a feeling you and I are not the only women to ever have experienced this.

*hugs*

And wishing you many tears of joy......cuz if ya gotta cry, those are usually the best

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Only thing that concerns me is that if one cries to release frustrations, I must be one hellova frustrated middle aged stressed out corporate woman. Maybe I need to change careers. Human Resources Management really sucks!

Thanks, everyone. I'm glad to know that at least I'm not alone. Also, I had no idea that tears cried for different reasons contained a different chemical balance. Where can I find more info on this? Very interesting.

Jeannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit