Anointed?.... Only in your head

by Patriot 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

Hi to all the old friends. Its been to long, about a year since my last post as " Maverick". Anyway "hi" to the old timers like Amazing, seeker, esmeralda, M2u, Truthexodus, unclebruce,worf and many more too many to list. Hope everyone has been ok.

A recent post about the anointed and how they know they are got me so angry that I just had to put in my 2 cents.

Answer me this: If the "anointed" are supposed to be basically the FDS, then why don't they all participate in the "food giving" ?

Someone wrote a post claiming to be of the anointed and tried to explain how he/she feels (holy spiritwise).

What a bunch of crap! Why is it that a select few are chosen to give the rest of the Org. the "meat" at its due time?
    Why aren't you so much as consulted as to future material? Even if you dared to step up to the plate and say that you have an interesting idea for material that could be written for the Org. NOONE WILL LISTEN!!!

Now how is that being part of the FDS? How can you be of the anointed and NOT be doing your job that CLASSIFIES you as of the anointed???

To make matters worse, we all know that its not exactly the GB or any of the anointed for that matter, that actually write the material that is considered "food at its proper time". Think about it: a regular baptized brother writes the material that is SUPPOSED to come from the FDS (anointed) and yet all these "anointed" people in the different congs. around the world consider it "meat" coming from their own class!!!

So the "Great crowd" class is actually giving the "food" to the FDS class which swears it comes from the FDS.

So then in that case, Who really is the FDS? You Damn skippy it aint you, my "anointed" visitors.

May I suggest a psychiatrist to help you along with you feeling like a JW anointed one.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I may be mistaken about this - so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but...

I think that official WT teaching makes a distinction between 'Annointed' and the FDS. Just because someone, somewhere claims to be 'Annointed', doesen't mean that he/she is given an ounce of consideration by WT leadership (just ask Amazing). I believe that the official WT teaching is : the FDS consists of only those few individuals who sit in positions of WT leadership, not all individuals in all congregations who partake of the bread & wine.

And really, could they have it any other way? Could you imagine the WT trying to conduct business as usual under constant fire from every nut who believes that their opinion counts?! At least this way - everyone knows where they stand...at the bottom.

• Seeker
    Seeker

Hi Maverick/Patriot! Nice to see you again.

You bring out an excellent point. Although I've known that most anointed are virtually ignored by the GB, despite their supposedly being part of the FDS, and although I know that most articles are written by non-anointed ones, I hadn't yet connected that fact to the FDS teaching. It is funny, isn't it, that those who are supposed to be doing the feeding are actually being fed by the great crowd.

Truly the FDS teaching is a sham.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hello, all... and may you have peace!

Maverick... peace to you... you are basing your perceptions, presumptions and assumptions... on the false teachings of the WTS. Unfortunately, you have been misled.

Hybridous... peace to you... while the WTS teaches that their position is that all of the anointed are of the 'faithful and discreet slave'... they do not 'practice'... what they preach. The GB are considered 'anointed'... yet, they have nothing to do with the WT magazine (from Carey Barber's mouth to mine...). The 'brothers' that prepare the magazines are primarily NOT anointed, and yet, they publish that propaganda. And they do is 'recycle' the stuff from old magazines... UNLESS... someone calls or writes in with something they can't biblically dispute. Then they publish 'new light'.

Seeker... peace to you... indeed there IS a 'faithful and discreet slave'... but the Master has not yet arrived and NAMED such slave. NO ONE has that designation at this particular time, for it is the MASTER who will name such one. The GB... named itself so, imposters that they are.

In truth, dear ones, ALL of my Lord's 'belongings' are given 'talents' to multiply. Some five, some two, others one. Depends on what such ones are DOING with those 'talents'... if anything... when he ARRIVES... that determines who will be names that 'slave'. Therefore, there is much work still to be done... for he has not yet 'come back down the mountain'.

Now, we can wait on him and glorify him in the interim, or we can do as many others have done... and build a 'golden calf' out of our 'riches'... and call IT 'Jehovah'.

The choice is ours, dear ones.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Maverick: Good to see you back. Recently, I made one post about the 1952 WT which shows the 'real' JW policy on this. Basically, the whole FDS thing is ficitious. The Jw rank & file local 'anointed' have no share in the 'spiritual' food preparation. They only share in the distribution alongside the Great Crowd. The JW 'anointed according to WTS teaching make thier 'own determination' to be 'anointed.' And it is this that JWs today do not understand. But, given what this article states, the GB basically wrote their own ticket to be where they are ... no special Divine appointment. Cool!

Biblically speaking (non-JW style that is), 'anointing' is nothing more than one among many ways to discuss some feature or attribute of being a Christian. It is not a magical experience - unless it is so purely in the mind of the one thinking that God has magically 'zapped' them in some way.

If you want to read my post, go to the search field and select 30 days back. Then type in "1952" and that should be enough to take you to my post. If you can't find it, let me know and I will. But it is a very revealing post because the 1952 WTS is so unlike the rhetoric coming out of the Society today. Good to see you again. - Amazing

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, and 'Mav? Wrong body part, dear one. It's in the 'heart'... the 'heart'.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit