WT. Feb.1, has Blondie demolished it yet?

by Celia 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• Celia
    Celia

My son removed the WT magazine from a place we go to once a week (won't name it, in case a local JW recognizes it)... He's seen me removing the WT and Awake! from there every time I find them... Great kid...

Life, Precious or Cheap? I won't go into the main article, I'll leave that to Blondie.

On the back cover : "Keep on the Watch"...

Likewise, for over 125 years now, this journal, The Watchtower, has passed on Jesus' encouragement to "keep on the watch" How? As stated on page 2 of this magazine, "It keeps watch on world events as these fulfill Bible prophecy. It comforts all peoples with the good news that God's Kingdom will soon destroy those who oppress their fellowmen and that it will turn the earth into a paradise.. blablablabla.... the JWitnesses, like the ancient gatekeepers are urging people everywhere to "keep awake" spiritually because the Master, Jesus Christ, is about to return and execute judgement on this system of things.

What's comforting about God destroying millions of people? Who are those who oppress their fellowmen? Who are those fellowmen? What do those who oppress their fellowmen actually do to oppress them?

If I say to a JW : "you say that JC is about to return.... what does it mean? next week? next month? next year, in my lifetime?...." what will they answer?

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    If I say to a JW : "you say that JC is about to return.... what does it mean? next week? next month? next year, in my lifetime?...." what will they answer?

They will answer that no one knows the day or the hour but they know it will be "soon". This message has been preached since 1874 which was before any of us was born. However, if you keep asking those questions they will not be able to get away with it, at least as successfully as they once did Shutterbug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit