death and its punishment

by NinjaBen 2 Replies latest jw friends

• NinjaBen
    NinjaBen

If the theory of "when we die god had a meaning for us to go" or "it was our turn to go" does that mean that if I were to kill someone (hypetheticaly speaking) than I was just carrying out gods will and doing his work.
    If so why should I be punished.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Because god had a meaning for you to go.

Seriously, death does not necessarily happen by execution. I don't think this kind of reasoning would be applied to all deaths universally, it seems even the most bone headed minister would not say that if it was a service where it involved a clearly wrongful death such as outright murder..

"It is not so much that you use your mind wrongly--you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease." -Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

• hybridous
    hybridous

Good question, NinjaBen.

I have a born-again friend who makes references of 'God calling him when his time is up' - or something along those lines...I guess the implication is that God's Will dictates the time of our death (accidents and otherwise).

I asked him if this would (logically) extend to ALL people and circumstances, specifically, babies and children who die in car crashes and such. Would God's Will include disasters that claim innocent lives? Because if God chooses the time and circumstance of your death, what about everyone else? He mumbled about how such innocents would go straight to heaven, but no answer to the real question - did God ultimately plan and cause such 'untimely' deaths?

And he wonders why I don't want to go to his church whith him...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit