What are the odds?

by bavman 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bavman
    bavman

O.k., we have all heard the stories. Some poor soul just went through some major crisis in their lives. What do they do? They pray of course. They ask God to please show them "the way". What happens next? The "dubbies" appear. Saved! Thank you Jehover!

I was wondering what the actual odds of this happening might be? If my math isn't too fuzzy i believe the ratio of publisher to person is about 1 to 1000. Is that correct? In the U.S the ratio is more like 1 to 250 right? Of course, the ratio of publisher to actual household would seem even lower wouldn't it? So, really, the odds of this happening are pretty damn good aren't they?

Come all you thirsty ones (mathemeticians) and help me out here. What are the odds do you figure?

bavman

• holly
    holly

when i was about 23 i prayed and asked god for help to make me understand this crap world. 24 years later the jws came knocking!!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Yes, the odds would seem to be good. However, I have not had a witness knock on my door in years and years.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> However, I have not had a witness knock on my door in years and years.

But have you been praying for it?

Or praying for them NOT to come? ;-)

Dave

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

vegas odds on a jw starting that urban legend: 0:1

vegas odds on a jw believing that urban legend: 1:1

basically it never happened. basically all jw's believe it because they want to believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit