Hit me with your best shot.

by SixofNine 7 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

No seriously, I can't afford health insurance; hit me with your best shot.

Beer bottle attack ends up saving life

While treating woman hit on head, doctors found brain tumor

08:07 PM CST on Wednesday, February 9, 2005

Associated Press

NAPLES, Fla. ? A blow to the head with a beer bottle may have saved Sally Hampton's life.

While doctors were examining her after the barroom attack, they discovered a brain tumor that could have killed her. The tumor was removed, and Ms. Hampton, 64, is fully recovered.

On Monday, she testified against her attacker, Fidel Trujillo, who was convicted of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and sentenced to 12 ½ years in prison.

"It was one of the worst things that could happen to an elderly person, but in the end it saved her life," prosecutor Erik Lombillo said.

Ms. Hampton was attacked July 4 at a bar in Immokalee, a farming town in southwestern Florida. Prosecutors said she put her hand on Mr. Trujillo's shoulder to lead him out of the place when the bartender wanted to close up. Mr. Trujillo bashed her with a bottle and kicked her when she fell.

Ms. Hampton was taken to a hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening. During a test, doctors found the tumor.

• minimus
    minimus

Elderly persons shouldn't be in bars.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Live the life you love, love the life you live ... with or without insurrance (what if you can't affort it anyway)

... now if you take "more" risks you might pay for it that the way life is ... you can still "hope" to being always lucky ... but I wouldn't bet on that

• Gill
    Gill

Sometimes it all goes wrong just so that it can go right!

Good for you Ms Hampton!

• Golf
    Golf

I hope the Judge wasn't under the influence when he gave a 'stiff' sentence. (pun intended)

Guest77

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

Hardy har har, Golf!!

• Undecided
    Undecided

Speak for yourself Minimus, I'm 69 today and wouldn't mind being in one right now.

Ken P.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Ken,

In a bar or behind bars???

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit