They told us to turn our backs on loved ones!

by paws 6 Replies latest jw friends

• paws
    paws

I would like to raise a subject that I bet all you long-time posties have already discussed:

When a person enters the org having already had a life outside it, he/she is told that family and friends must take a back seat. Further to that, some individuals will even 'COUNCIL' you that total departure from those you love would be wise and indeed expected! (we don't want to do anything that will prevent Jah's blessing, do we?)

Gullibility and a desire to do the right thing according to 'what's expected' will then pull you to actually carry out this terrible deed. For some, sadly, it will be exactly the excuse they've been waiting for in order to snub someone they don't like but for most, it will be the most painful experiences to endure.

For someone who was abandoned by their birth-parents and then adopted by a new set of parents it's another ball game:

Where is the spirit of love in suddenly telling these people who rescued you from being an orphan that you can no longer honour their birthdays nor can you allow them to share family Christmas hols with you and your own children who they view as their grandchildren?

• under74
    under74

Well paws, I don't think it's so much about love but rather control.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Paws!

Sorry for your experiences of JW isms.

There really is no real love in JW land. It can all be dropped at a drop of a hat if the WTBTS give instruction to. You can begin to ignore and shun someone you have known for years just because they say so. And as for relatives, well they don't matter! Only obedience to the WTBTS can save you!

You might look as hard as you like, but you will not find real unconditional love in Dubland!

• Honesty
    Honesty

And the saddest part of all this is the GB of the WTBTS has the audacity to say they alone are the Voice of God. Hypocriticalbastardsiswhattheyare.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Oops, I thought the thread title read "get on your backs for loved ones"

Move along, nothing to see here...

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

it seems to me that the organization wants you to shun your family and close friends that are not even Jehovah;s Witnesses.

and if you do become a witness and you committ a wrong doing that leads to DA or DF and some of your close friends or family have become witnesses also you will have them shun you.

Its just plain and simple they are all about CONTROL and POWER and you aren't allowed to go aganist them no matter what.

wouldn't it be wonderful to be a Jehovah's Witness

I would eat a can of worms and down a pail of nails before I ever have anything to do with them any more.

Have you ever seen Manchurian Canditate?

Orangefatcatbrainwashing

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Like the others have said, it is control. I stopped doing the holiday/birthday thing 4 or so years ago, which hasn't sat well with the rest of my huge family. Still now, I haven't seen many in the last year because of the mind control I mistakenly let them have over me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit