Michael Jackson believes he "won God's smile of approval"

by MonkeyPrincess 7 Replies latest jw friends

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess
    Jackson Says Celebrity Made Him Target

Michael Jackson believes he "won God's smile of approval" for bringing youngsters to his Neverland ranch, he said in his first television interview since being indicted on child molestation charges.

The superstar, who is under a gag order during his trial in Santa Barbara County, didn't directly proclaim his innocence in the interview scheduled to air Saturday.

But he described many of the news reports about him as "fiction" and said his celebrity made him a target.

"The bigger the star, the bigger the target.

(Story Continues Below...)

Sponsored Sites
    VOOM Satellite - New Special Offer Install up to 3 rooms for only $1. Experience fantastic HDTV programming with VOOM. Maximize your TV viewing experience with over 120 HDTV channels in all. Special offer included. (www.voom.com)
    We'll Pay You to Buy a DIRECTV System Choose up to 5 free rooms of DIRECTV systems with free shipping and installaion. Installed within 3 days of purchase. Choose $50 in cash rebates or a free DVD player. Top-10 DIRECTV dealer. (www.directech.tv)
    Compare - Order DIRECTV - Dish Network Get 4 rooms installed for free. See our new TiVo Special, 125 channels for $39.99 and 3 months of HBO/Cinemax with DIRECTV. Get a free DVR when ordering Dish Network. Compare, order online. (www.connectmysatellite.com)

... But truth always prevails," Jackson told Fox News Channel's "At Large w/ Geraldo Rivera" program.

Fox News on Thursday released excerpts of the interview. On Friday, Rivera told NBC's "Today" that he believes Jackson will be acquitted, and criticized District Attorney Tom Sneddon for seemingly going to extremes to gather evidence against Jackson.

Rivera described Sneddon as "ruthless" and a "man on a mission" to convict Jackson.

"I am dedicated to giving him a fair trial. ... to make sure that the playing field is level and that people listen to the allegations specifically," Rivera said.

"If it wasn't Michael Jackson, reporters throughout this business would say: `Wait, this doesn't sound right. This is illogical,'" he said.

The interview, taped two weeks ago, was Jackson's first since his April indictment on charges that he plied a boy, now 15, with alcohol and molested him at the ranch two years ago. Jackson also is accused of conspiracy to hold the boy's family captive.

He has pleaded not guilty to the charges. Jackson's lawyers and prosecutors are scheduled to begin questioning potential jurors Monday.

Jackson said he designed Neverland as "a home for myself and my children," and a place to do the things he never could as a child star in the Jackson Five.

"We couldn't go to movie theaters. We couldn't go to Disneyland. We couldn't do all those fun things. We were on tour. We were working hard."

"Other men have their Ferraris and their airplanes or helicopter or wherever they find their bliss," Jackson said. "My bliss is in giving and sharing and having simple, innocent fun."

Jackson said Neverland also is a place to visit for inner-city children "who haven't seen the mountains, who haven't been on a carousel, who haven't pet a horse or a llama."

"I feel I won God's smile of approval, because I'm doing something that brings joy and happiness to other people."
    Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=180501>1=6190
  • kwintestal
    kwintestal

I just really don't think that MJ is too bright.

Kwin

• steve2
    steve2

"God's smile of approval" or MJ's self-absorbed image gazing back at Michael with empty desire?

• steve2
    steve2
    "The bigger the star, the bigger the target.

Puhlease! Enough already. If that's the case, why did MJ openly encourage situations where he could so easily end up accused of further acts of child molestation . The bigger the star, the bigger the ego and the sense of being above the law.

• Mary
    Mary

Poor Michael........he has openly stated that he IS Peter Pan and that he loves being around kids because he never had a proper childhood. That is probably very true, but even children eventually outgrow childhood games and such---usually in about 10 - 13 years. Michael is in his mid-late 40's now---he's been re-living his childhood for the last 30 years; far longer than real children do. Regardless of the outcome of this trial, I think he should be ordered not be alone with any children ever again. No sleep overs, no "sharing your bed" with young boys---nothing.

Even if he did not molest these kids, the guy's got some serious psychological problems that need to be addressed immediately. If a stranger who was not famous, and who looked like him wanted your 10 year old boy to come for a sleep over at his house, would you let him?

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Rivera told NBC's "Today" that he believes Jackson will be acquitted

I see Rivera is still broadcasting live from Capone's vault.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I guess you can take a man out of "Jehovah's Witness", easier than you can take "Jehovah's Witness" out of the man

Kind of familiar phrase is'nt it?

w66 9/1 p. 541 A Provision for Spiritual Help in Times of Need ***
    . They simply want to help our brothers walk in the way that merits Jehovah?s smile of approval.

w67 2/1 p. 88 Is It Religion?s Duty to Enter the Political Field? ***
    but does God look with a smile of approval upon religion?s involvement in politics

w68 2/15 p. 124 Steadfast, Unmovable in Jehovah?s Work ***
    God?s smile of approval
    BTW, I think he is probably guilty because there is too much smoke for there not to be any fire in there somewhere - but he is entitled to a fair trial (will he get one?)
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

My Mom saw a program where MJ was talking of his love of children.

She said he sounded so sweet and innocent.

ARE JWs turned into non-intuitive creeps?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit