Dying for whats right???

by chuckyy 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

One of the things that i could not reconcile,which led to my disassociating myself was this:

I have a daughter that needs open heart surgery. My heart goes out to those parents who may have one time refused a blood fraction or even an organ transplant for their children because they believed at the time that it was scriptural. Lets say that they lost a loved one because of their stand. How an earth would they have felt when these policies were reversed and it became ok to have many blood fractions/transplants that were once 'unscriptural.' Their precious little ones died for nothing.

Has anyone on this site ever experienced or heard of a situation like this????

Chukky

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

This is one of things I point out to people that think JW's are just another religion and what's the big deal? Why try to talk people out of their beliefs?

Because their lives or the lives of their loved ones depend on it.

There are some on this forum that had the exact experience you asked about. They will probably respond, but yes, it has happened. Devastating.

Dave

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Yes, i have heard it happen many times. There was
    a sister in our hall who had a daughter with downs
    syndrome, she needed a heart transplant, but the
    parents didnt allow her to have one. She did on live
    longer than most downs syndrome children do though. The
    mom left the org not long after the daughter passed away,
    im not sure if she ever went back or not.

On the other hand my dad is on the list for a
    heart transplant. Whether he will get one in time or not is what scares us
    more, they have only given him 5 years. He has refused any blood
    whatsoever, so doing a transplant will be difficult for the doctors.

Im sorry you are faced with this heart surgery for your daughter. I hope
    she gets what she needs to live a long healthy life.

monkeyprincess

• Scully
    Scully

For all the JWs talk about refraining from infant baptism because they want children to be an age where they can make up their own minds about such an important issue, why does it end up that a sick JW child gets martyrdom imposed on them when the parents are willing to refuse blood transfusions (and formerly organ transplants) on their behalf? Why not provide the recommended treatments and allow the child to reach an age of understanding to determine whether they will embrace the tenets of the JW faith or not?

• franklin J
    franklin J

I have never had to make that decision. I have 3 children and would do ANYTHING to help them in any circumstance. I cannot be any different than any other parent.

Good luck to your daughter; and you, chuckyy.

Frank

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

My parents were very good friends with a young brother and sister that went to our cong, the womans brother was an auto mechanic and he was on the way to our house with his sister in tow and they were hit head on by a drunk driver, the sister (cannot remember her name) was criticaly injured and need a blood transfusion, of course she didn't get one, they gave her something else that really wasn't much help and the family was told this, anyway this poor sweet girl died 3 days later, her brother was distraught, he later left the org on account of this. I truely feel awful about all the people and kids who have died on account of a stupid cult.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Scully - very interesting point. In one of the cases that I'm familiar with of a court hearing to force blood on a child, that line of reasoning was actually used as a basis for the argument to get the court order. The idea was that if, in the eyes of the JW's, a child could not make a decision about being part of the religion until the 'age of understanding', then the child obviously was not able to make a decision that could possibly end it's life. Typical lack of logic in the Witness reasoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit