Change Your World

by FreePeace 0 Replies latest watchtower medical

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

By Doug Kelley, CSL - May 2001

If there are things you don't like in the world you grew up in, make your own life different.
    -- R. David Thomas (Founder of Wendy's International, Inc.)

Most of us carry baggage from our childhood—some light, others heavy. Those who suffered much during childhood run the risk of continued suffering throughout adulthood, if the lessons of childhood suffering are not learned.

The beautiful thing about adulthood is that we now have full control over our lives. But more than that, we must take full control over our lives. This implies action on our part. What a tragedy it is when we as adults continue to cheat ourselves with self-limiting mindsets.

We as adults must take control, muster the courage and grow within. We must continually feed our minds on things of higher value, such as personal growth topics. Then we must always analyze how new perspectives come to bear on our lives. When we take personal responsibility for where we are at in life, we begin to change for the better; we start to learn the lessons of our adversity, and once learned, our lives improve.

Don't allow life to discourage you too much. You may not like the world you grew up in, but that's okay because it's now the past. Now it is time to look to the future by taking responsibility for where you are. When you take responsibility, you begin changing your life. When you change your life, you change your world. When you change your world, you are in control, and you alone decide how happy you will be. So go ahead; change your world.

(For more personal growth articles, visit www.EmpowerTheSpirit.com)

"The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine

Visit my Websites:
    TruthQuest: http://www.geocities.com/freepeace2000/Truthquest/TruthQuestx.html

Empower the Spirit: http://www.EmpowerTheSpirit.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit