Objects in the Sky and Sundry Things

by the_classicist 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Now I will preface this by saying that I don't believe in aliens, but I do believe that everything observable has a logical, rational, and scientific explanation.

One night a few years ago, I saw the strangest thing in the sky. I had a bunch of lights and kind of looked like it was moving slowly. It sort of looked like a Nighhawk 117. I could definitely hear a jet engine though, like regular commercial aircraft but softer.

Have you ever seen anything strange in the sky? What do you think is behind it?

My theory: Government testing... obviously not Canadian, but American as it did look light a Nighthawk to me. Or maybe something from Boeing down in Seattle (I was in New Westminster at the time). But it could've also been a hallucination, but I've been told that I'm mentally healthy by my doctor (just to make sure eh), which wouldn't, however, preclude one having an hallucination as sane people sometimes have hallucinations.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes but since I live within 100 mile radius of Whiteman Airforce Base - must have been a stealth B2 bomber on test

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

dont all airborne vehicles, including test vehicles have blinking lights? i would be concerned if i saw something airborne and moving without any blinking lights.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Quite often they practice night runs using flares that are held aloft with small parachutes. The flares can flicker or be constant. They stay aloft for minutes or drop quickly depending upon the uplift and other factors. From a distance these lights appear to move about oddly and under their own power. In the large open acrage behind my place we see them doing this often. Sometimes even knowing what they are the appearance is unsettling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit