RE: Adulterous marriage

by TallTexan 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Hi Tepic (dad) :-)

As usual, the GB has created an irreconcilable paradox. If someone marries someone in the situation you described, then, according to the GB they are committing adultery, and thus in an adulterous marriage. IF that is the case, then how is it possible to attain repentence (and thus reinstatement) WHILE STILL IN THE MARRIAGE??? Every time the couple would have sex, they would be committing adultery. If it applied to time one, then it should apply to time 10,000. Is the union only adulterous for a period of time? Where in the scripture does it say that? Where in the scripture does it say ANYTHING about one party forgiving, etc? Does Jehovah only disapprove for a while until the two parties say "well, we probably shouldn't have done that"? If they then choose to get divorced to rectify the situation, is that an unscriptural divorce? After all, they are only trying to fix something the GB says is wrong to begin with. If they chose to get divorced, would they be eligible to re-marry their former mate? Since the 'adulterous' marriage ended in divorce NOT resulting from adultery, but simply from a desire for the two parties to 'fix' their wrong, would they be considered adulterous if they remarried their former mate?

See, this is what happens when the GB starts 'adding to the things written'. So many more questions are raised, and then there has to be 'rules' and 'laws' put in place for those circumstances, and the cycle continues. But do you know why it works? Because the GB has everyone brainwashed into thinking that because they are the F&DS that ANY nonsense they spew forth is justifiable. The average witness doesn't understand the reasoning behind half of the things they do or don't do, but regurgitate the party line "Well, the GB says it, so the reasoning must simply be out of my grasp and beyond my human thinking." In any organization where freedom of thought is promoted, this type of reasoning simply wouldn't fly.

TallTexan of the Human Reasoning Class

• tepic
    tepic
    this is what happens when the GB starts 'adding to the things written'. So many more questions are raised, and then there has to be 'rules' and 'laws' put in place for those circumstances,

Well said TT (son)

This is just what Ray said in COC. Each decision requires more decisions.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    "Well, the GB says it, so the reasoning must simply be out of my grasp and beyond my human thinking."

Yes, more in line with some of our cousins in the animal kingdom I should think

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit