The watch tower change to discontinue the system of elective elders in 1931

by Don Smith 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Don Smith
    Don Smith

Dear brothers an sisters i made a mistake on my last post {my. 04.feb 05 22:16 not realizing i should have posted it as a new topic instead of reply to post re any one like me where you still believe most of their doctrine

Could some one in authority do that for me if possible

Thanks Don Smith

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

A correction about believeing in most of'' their doctrines"and the admonition to seek first the kingdom and Gods and his righteous and if we follow that advice we will find which doctrines are true and which false as indicated in most of the postings.

Remember when we became JWS we were told we alone were Gods chosen people and were in the truth a Special people like the nation of Israel whom he made a covanent with, but they didnt keep their word and he nullified the covanent and brought in a and new one, a better one and wrote it on our hearts and minds.Now it becomes a personal thing individually and encouraged to walk by faith and not by sight.

Its interesting in adopting the name Jehovah's Witnesses in 1931 at the Columbus Ohio assembly of 15,000 because of the designations we identified ourselves as the church, annointed,brethren, bible students Russellites etc.caused confusion.So Rutherford presented the resolution that was adopted based on the 2300 days after Gods sanctuary would be victorious. Claiming this would mark the cleaning out from God's congregation those called "elective elders"who had been elected to an office in a democratic fashion .This exposed the system of "elective elders"as being an unclean practice of the world and not according to the principles of the Great Theocrat. Another resolution followed and was adopted stating " that henceforth we will not elect any person to the office of elder; that all are anointedof God are elders,as that term is defined by scriptures, and all are servants of the Most High. And that our service may be orderly ,we will select certain ones from the company to perform specfic service.A service director shall be nominated by us and confirmed by the Society's executive or manager a member of the service committee of this company. See" JWS in the divine purpose"Pages 125-127.

I mention resolution in respect to " still believeing in most of their doctrines" because what Jehovahs Organization did at this time in terminating the elected elder arrangement and appointing or selecting elders to office is in violation of civil law.as set out in Romans 13:1-7 as regards the Christian and civil law " Every one ought to obey the civil authorities for all legitimate authority is derived from Gods authority, and the existing authority is APPOINTED under God, and such opposition is bound to be punished. Phillips Modern English "Note God makes the appointments"

What most of us are not aware of ,myself included that by law that every nonprofit corporation which is incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania for example, is required to complete the form , once a year and send it to the State Dept.Therefore every JW CONG. must complete the form.The officers of the Cong. must give their names and titles... and this annual statement is to be signed by "a duly authorized officer thereof" elected by the membership

According to the bylaws the 3 officers President, Secretary and Treasurer must be voted in office by the membership at the General Annual Meeting after being notified of the meeting by the secretary as the law requires a Congregational VOTE.

How many of you brothers and sisters missed these meetings scheduled by "the existing authority that is appointed by God" Much of this infomation came to me from a joseph Reed and he tells me it has also been sent it to Watch Tower headquarters.

I believe that this information would engender a lively bible discussion and i have most of Joseph Reeds material but will need assistance from Simon or other capable brothers to set it up for disscussion

HELP! Don Smith

Is this is it ?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Could some one in authority do that for me if possible

Sounds like you really do still follow some of their main doctrines

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit