military

by brian 9 Replies latest jw friends

• brian
    brian

I am planning on converting to jehovahs witness, how does this effect my military (national gaurd) status, can i still serve,?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Uh, no.

They will talk you into quitting the service before they let you join the dubs. And you can never rejoin the military after joining up.

Don't.

CZAR

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am sorry if I do not take this seriously - but you are yanking our chains yes - hell even girl scouts etc is not allowed - anything military is strictly out - you could not become a JW

• holly
    holly

Hello and welcome to you

No you cant stay in/join the military and be a jw.

stick around here and read up some more and enjoy this forum - ITS GREAT

• holly
    holly
    hell even girl scouts etc is not allied

Whats wrong with the poor girl scouts then? Never seen any of them riding round in tanks killing people

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

brian,

I recommend asking them first whether it is okay for you to have your own thoughts about scriptural topics or whether you must conform to the teachings of the Faithful and Discreet Slave, whether they are supported by the Bible or not. They will probably ask for an example. Ask them to scripturally prove that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is spirit-directed. Then they will ask if you have been to a Web site just like this one. Be completely honest, and don't let them get by without answering your question.

You won't have to worry about becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hi, Brian. Welcome.

Jehovah's Wittness believe that anyone who is part of the military, in any fashion, and I mean even if you just want to sew buttons on uniforms and never touch a gun, are part of the war machine and have blood on their hands. They will not accept you as a witness if you are even remotely connected to the military.

Sorry.

Jean

• clementine
    clementine

Welcome anyway...

i hope you'll enjoy this forum, and you'll learn a lot about such JWs'habits...

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Brian... I served after leaving the witnesses. U.S. Army Guard, 35th MP. There is nothing they can do about your service because you were under contract before making the decision to join.

You will not be able to be baptized or have any "priviledges" in the congregation until your service is over. If your unit were to be called up, you may be asked to refuse orders as a concientious objector. They would see you going to Leavenworth as you being a Martyr for the religion, there are the same people who would not allow you to become baptized and join them as a full member.

If that is the case and you were to go to prison, you would be used as an example and rally the members by showing you as a prime example of religious oppression by the government. They would spout off the same things they have for years talking about how "its a sign of the end of the times".

Brian... you will be much happier wearing your greens and your unit patch than a JW brand. Take it from someone who has done both.

If you feel so inclined, send me a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

Kansas District Overbeer

p.s. mods, please do not delete my email addy.... I am quite fine with just anyone having it.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    Whats wrong with the poor girl scouts then? Never seen any of them riding round in tanks killing people

Ah, well, I fear you've never met a PIttsburgh Girl Scout. Let's just say you'd better PAY for those cookies... they collect the debt, with bloody interest...

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit