What do jws make of Human genetics?

by badboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

eg Studies eg. one study shows that about 50,000 years ago,a genetic sequence seems to have spread into modern Europeans(fROM nEANDERTHALS?),THE GENETIC SEQUENCE SEEMS TO HAVVE ORIGINATED about a million years ago.

Genetics calcalcuted from the numbers of changes in the sequence how old it was.

What do jws make about this and other genetic studies that show humans to be very old.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

It is so far from JW radar it is not worth mentioning. The awake always conflicts the watchtower on dates so most likely you'l see that in some awake. THe awake let the horse out of the barn on old humans a long time ago so it is not really that dramatic. THe problem is they use incomplete journalism. Talking over or around the heads of most of its audience who is not even interested nor versed. So anyone that knows the soucre they are quoting will be shocked that they,or thier sources inadvertently tarnish the watchtower's credibility every few articles.

• badboy
    badboy

One would like to hear an explainion(sp?) about how millions of genetics sequences difference came about in a few thousand years.

• badboy
    badboy

Perhaps also how came geneticists think some genetic sequences originated thousands of years ago.

It is estimated one genetic sequence originated 1.73 million years ago.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

The short answer Badboy would be that God can do anything he wants, now why he would want to "artificially" age things, well who knows. I used to love how my parents would scoff when the Catholics would say "its a mystery" but then I would ask about dinosaurs or something and they would say, well we just don't know what God did, gee that sounds like a mystery to me.

• badboy
    badboy

Changing the issue slightly,perhaps they would like to explain why dogs can be genetically traced back thousands of years back to East Asia.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is so far from JW radar it is not worth mentioning. The Awake always conflicts the Watchtower on dates so most likely you'l see that in some awake. THe Awake let the horse out of the barn on old humans a long time ago so it is not really that dramatic. THe problem is they use incomplete journalism. Talking over or around the heads of most of its audience who is not even interested nor versed. So anyone that knows the soucre they are quoting will be shocked that they,or thier sources inadvertently tarnish the watchtower's credibility every few articles. THIS IS CLEVER BEACSUE IN A FEW YEARS TIME THEY (THE wtbts) WILL QUOTE THESE ARTICLES WHICH ARE OVER THE HEAD OF MOST jwS WITHOUT SCIENTIFIC TRAINING AND BE ABLE TO SAY - LOOK WE WE WERE WLL AHAED O FTHE GAME KEEPING YOU ALL INFORMED

• badboy
    badboy

?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit